Help buying 1988 GT.....

Old May 15th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jaxx

Default Help buying 1988 GT.....

I'm thinking of buying a 1988 Mustang GT. (purchased in 1987)
from it's original owner.

It's in excellent condition. Kept in garage.Not a scratch.
It is all original excepting Kelly HR tires.
35K original miles on od.
Ext-.Black on Titanium w/red stripe.
Int.-Red/Black.
T5 Tranny,PW/PDL/PM/RWD/tilt wheel/cruise/factory sunroof/AMFM Cass.
Air Cond.(not working)

The owner is asking for 11k$
Since there aren't many cars like this one in this condition
let alone for sale does this sound like a fair price?

I was hoping I could get some feedback from you Mustang experts.

Thanks,
Jack...
Rochester,NY...

Old May 15th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Idao

Seems high. There are alot of 1988 out there...

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/327066166.html

Old May 15th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Finhead

"Idao" > wrote in message
> Seems high. There are alot of 1988 out there...
>
> http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/327066166.html
>

> "Jaxx" > wrote in message
>> I'm thinking of buying a 1988 Mustang GT. (purchased in 1987)
>> from it's original owner.
>>
>> It's in excellent condition. Kept in garage.Not a scratch.
>> It is all original excepting Kelly HR tires.
>> 35K original miles on od.
>> Ext-.Black on Titanium w/red stripe.
>> Int.-Red/Black.
>> T5 Tranny,PW/PDL/PM/RWD/tilt wheel/cruise/factory sunroof/AMFM Cass.
>> Air Cond.(not working)
>>
>> The owner is asking for 11k$
>> Since there aren't many cars like this one in this condition
>> let alone for sale does this sound like a fair price?
>>
>> I was hoping I could get some feedback from you Mustang experts.

AC will cost $1,500 have to go to the 134a stuff.
There were too many 5.0's made, in my view only modified (blown) ones 87 to
93 are worth anything, to spend $$ to keep up. A normal 88 is worth about
$1,000 or so.

Checkout autotrader on line for $11k you can get a lot of used car, like a
2000-2002 mustang that is only 5 years old instead of almost 20. (and the
plastic parts outgass and go bad... .)

Old May 15th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
trainfan1

Jaxx wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying a 1988 Mustang GT. (purchased in 1987)
> from it's original owner.
>
> It's in excellent condition. Kept in garage.Not a scratch.
> It is all original excepting Kelly HR tires.
> 35K original miles on od.
> Ext-.Black on Titanium w/red stripe.
> Int.-Red/Black.
> T5 Tranny,PW/PDL/PM/RWD/tilt wheel/cruise/factory sunroof/AMFM Cass.
> Air Cond.(not working)
>
> The owner is asking for 11k$
> Since there aren't many cars like this one in this condition
> let alone for sale does this sound like a fair price?
>
> I was hoping I could get some feedback from you Mustang experts.
>

> Thanks,
> Jack...
> Rochester,NY...

"Hi Jack, it's me - your cousin Rob..."

That's too much for an '88.

That $$ will buy a lot of later model car.

Rob
Old May 16th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
walt peifer

"trainfan1" > wrote in message
> Jaxx wrote:
>> I'm thinking of buying a 1988 Mustang GT. (purchased in 1987)
>> from it's original owner.
>>
>> It's in excellent condition. Kept in garage.Not a scratch.
>> It is all original excepting Kelly HR tires.
>> 35K original miles on od.
>> Ext-.Black on Titanium w/red stripe.
>> Int.-Red/Black.
>> T5 Tranny,PW/PDL/PM/RWD/tilt wheel/cruise/factory sunroof/AMFM Cass.
>> Air Cond.(not working)
>>
>> The owner is asking for 11k$
>> Since there aren't many cars like this one in this condition
>> let alone for sale does this sound like a fair price?
>>
>> I was hoping I could get some feedback from you Mustang experts.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Jack...
>> Rochester,NY...
>>

> "Hi Jack, it's me - your cousin Rob..."
>
> That's too much for an '88.
>
> That $$ will buy a lot of later model car.
>
> Rob

All good suggestions here. Too much for the car, checking autotrader on-line
you'll find some very close to that (up your mileage to search) for about
1/2 the price. Even better Restomods (5 bolt wheels, bigger brakes,
supercharger ect) for less.

Old May 16th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jaxx

> From: trainfan1 >
> Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
> Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:15:57 -0400
> Subject: Help buying 1988 GT.....
>
> Jaxx wrote:
>> I'm thinking of buying a 1988 Mustang GT. (purchased in 1987)
>> from it's original owner.
>>
>> It's in excellent condition. Kept in garage.Not a scratch.
>> It is all original excepting Kelly HR tires.
>> 35K original miles on od.
>> Ext-.Black on Titanium w/red stripe.
>> Int.-Red/Black.
>> T5 Tranny,PW/PDL/PM/RWD/tilt wheel/cruise/factory sunroof/AMFM Cass.
>> Air Cond.(not working)
>>
>> The owner is asking for 11k$
>> Since there aren't many cars like this one in this condition
>> let alone for sale does this sound like a fair price?
>>
>> I was hoping I could get some feedback from you Mustang experts.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Jack...
>> Rochester,NY...
>>

> "Hi Jack, it's me - your cousin Rob..."
>
> That's too much for an '88.
>
> That $$ will buy a lot of later model car.
>
> Rob

Interesting,

I didn't know I had a cousin Rob!

Jack......

1988 Honda Accord Lxi 2.0 Engine swapped out with 1988 Honda Civic Engine? JoFoster Honda 0 December 21st 05 04:52 AM
buying a car? reneng Corvette 1 May 26th 05 01:56 AM
Buying Need $$$$$ [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 February 16th 05 04:36 PM
C1 or C2 Buying Jim M Corvette 10 February 10th 05 05:16 AM
buying a Saturn-like buying a lottery ticket misterfact Saturn 3 July 2nd 04 10:02 PM