67 Mustang Dash Pad Installation-Help

Old May 31st 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
keng2

Default 67 Mustang Dash Pad Installation-Help

I've been struggling to install an aftermarket complete dashpad on my 67
Mustang.It seems that the passenger side is shrunk and I can't seem to get
the dash panel above the glove compartment back on. Is there a means of
stretching the pad such as applying heat from a blower? or are these pads
just manufactured defective.Thanks for any help
KenG

Old June 1st 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
walt peifer

"keng2" > wrote in message
> I've been struggling to install an aftermarket complete dashpad on my 67
> Mustang.It seems that the passenger side is shrunk and I can't seem to get
> the dash panel above the glove compartment back on. Is there a means of
> stretching the pad such as applying heat from a blower? or are these pads
> just manufactured defective.Thanks for any help
> KenG

on some of the dash pads, it maybe necessary to remove some material from
the inside of the pad where it gets forced over the steel "eyebrows" of the
metal part of the dash. Also a good dose of silicone spray to the underside
of the pad, can help. Spray the silicone on the pad away from the car, the
spray can settle in places that will make any painting difficult latter on.

Old June 1st 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
keng2