95 t & C a few ??

Old February 7th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
walt peifer

Default 95 t & C a few ??

new to this group. have a few questions, sorry I'm normally a ford guy, but
here goes.

94 Chrysler town and country, no heat. did the following.
new thermostat and upper hose, new rad cap
new water pump,
new heater control valve,
flushed and back flushed system.
bled system at manifold
check flow of water through heater core, yes its flowing both hose get warm.
adjusted cable at dash as per TSB.
Other symptoms, reduced air flow from vents when temp selector is on heat
side, I'm assuming a blend door or its equivalent is not operating.
The only procedure I've found is rather complicated and involves
disassembling the whole dash to get to the vacuum motor and door gears. Is
there a short cut or common problem that will not require 8-10 hours labor
to disassemble and reassemble the dash?

thanks in advance

Old February 10th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"walt peifer" > wrote in message
> new to this group. have a few questions, sorry I'm normally a ford guy,

but
> here goes.
>
> 94 Chrysler town and country, no heat. did the following.
> new thermostat and upper hose, new rad cap
> new water pump,
> new heater control valve,
> flushed and back flushed system.
> bled system at manifold
> check flow of water through heater core, yes its flowing both hose get

warm.
> adjusted cable at dash as per TSB.
> Other symptoms, reduced air flow from vents when temp selector is on heat
> side, I'm assuming a blend door or its equivalent is not operating.
> The only procedure I've found is rather complicated and involves
> disassembling the whole dash to get to the vacuum motor and door gears. Is
> there a short cut or common problem that will not require 8-10 hours labor
> to disassemble and reassemble the dash?
>
> thanks in advance

2 causes..... If the heater hose is hot going in and cool to warm coming out
the heater core is plugged and will need replacing.
The other issue would be the blend air door is stuck/rusted and the cable
is sliding into the hold down clamp making it seem like the door is moving
but it isn't. Can you here the door hitting the stops when you go full open
to full close?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old February 12th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
walt peifer

"maxpower" > wrote in message
. ..

> "walt peifer" > wrote in message
>> new to this group. have a few questions, sorry I'm normally a ford guy,

> but
>> here goes.
>>
>> 94 Chrysler town and country, no heat. did the following.
>> new thermostat and upper hose, new rad cap
>> new water pump,
>> new heater control valve,
>> flushed and back flushed system.
>> bled system at manifold
>> check flow of water through heater core, yes its flowing both hose get

> warm.
>> adjusted cable at dash as per TSB.
>> Other symptoms, reduced air flow from vents when temp selector is on heat
>> side, I'm assuming a blend door or its equivalent is not operating.
>> The only procedure I've found is rather complicated and involves
>> disassembling the whole dash to get to the vacuum motor and door gears.
>> Is
>> there a short cut or common problem that will not require 8-10 hours
>> labor
>> to disassemble and reassemble the dash?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>

> 2 causes..... If the heater hose is hot going in and cool to warm coming
> out
> the heater core is plugged and will need replacing.
> The other issue would be the blend air door is stuck/rusted and the cable
> is sliding into the hold down clamp making it seem like the door is moving
> but it isn't. Can you here the door hitting the stops when you go full
> open
> to full close?
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Heater hose both get warm and have good flow ( I put a "t" in to monitor) no
I don't hear the door slam open. the slider from cold(left) to Hot(right)
does move and have some effect on air flow. Air flow is reduced on the Heat
side, could the door be partialing opening? Whats the easiest way to fix,
manual recommends disassembly of entire dash to fix/check. gotta be a short
cut somewhere I hope

Old February 12th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"walt peifer" > wrote in message

> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "walt peifer" > wrote in message
> >> new to this group. have a few questions, sorry I'm normally a ford guy,

> > but
> >> here goes.
> >>
> >> 94 Chrysler town and country, no heat. did the following.
> >> new thermostat and upper hose, new rad cap
> >> new water pump,
> >> new heater control valve,
> >> flushed and back flushed system.
> >> bled system at manifold
> >> check flow of water through heater core, yes its flowing both hose get

> > warm.
> >> adjusted cable at dash as per TSB.
> >> Other symptoms, reduced air flow from vents when temp selector is on

heat
> >> side, I'm assuming a blend door or its equivalent is not operating.
> >> The only procedure I've found is rather complicated and involves
> >> disassembling the whole dash to get to the vacuum motor and door gears.
> >> Is
> >> there a short cut or common problem that will not require 8-10 hours
> >> labor
> >> to disassemble and reassemble the dash?
> >>
> >> thanks in advance
> >>

> > 2 causes..... If the heater hose is hot going in and cool to warm coming
> > out
> > the heater core is plugged and will need replacing.
> > The other issue would be the blend air door is stuck/rusted and the

cable
> > is sliding into the hold down clamp making it seem like the door is

moving
> > but it isn't. Can you here the door hitting the stops when you go full
> > open
> > to full close?
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech
> >

> Heater hose both get warm and have good flow ( I put a "t" in to monitor)

no
> I don't hear the door slam open. the slider from cold(left) to Hot(right)
> does move and have some effect on air flow. Air flow is reduced on the

Heat
> side, could the door be partialing opening? Whats the easiest way to fix,
> manual recommends disassembly of entire dash to fix/check. gotta be a

short
> cut somewhere I hope

First you have to decide if the cable is sliding on the clamp or is the door
actually moving. take a look see where the cable goes into the top of the
box and see if it is actually moving the door or not. You are gonna have to
remove the control assembly for this but leave the cable connected

Glenn