Not Impressed With Foose

Old November 2nd 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

Default Not Impressed With Foose

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2007-f...available.html

Has any seen these at a Ford dealership? There's one at my local
dealer and that thing (being nice) is not pretty. I think what is is,
for me anyway, is the Foose cars look custom. I don't need/want bling.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../61101004/1525

Custom cars, for the most part, are never a good thing. Trends/styles
wear out and when then do, you're left with modified vehicle that no
longer looks attractive.

Comments...?

Patrick

Old November 2nd 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnP

That's NASTY!!!

JohnP.

oups.com...

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...EE/61101004/15

Old November 2nd 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
walt peifer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2007-f...available.html
>
> Has any seen these at a Ford dealership? There's one at my local
> dealer and that thing (being nice) is not pretty. I think what is is,
> for me anyway, is the Foose cars look custom. I don't need/want bling.
>

> http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../61101004/1525
>
> Custom cars, for the most part, are never a good thing. Trends/styles
> wear out and when then do, you're left with modified vehicle that no
> longer looks attractive.
>
> Comments...?
>
> Patrick

Just saw one a t a local show, i actually think its the best looking of the
"tuner"/ "modifier" cars. i don't know the cars stats as far as performance
or handling, but it looks finished, most look like a bunch of junk just
added on dare i say rice like.

Old November 2nd 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, wrote:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2007-f...available.html

> Has any seen these at a Ford dealership? There's one at my local
> dealer and that thing (being nice) is not pretty. I think what is is,
> for me anyway, is the Foose cars look custom. I don't need/want bling.

It just doesn't look good. I don't know what he was going for, but it
looks like something a rice-boy would do in that it is a mishmash of things
seen in movies and TV.

> Custom cars, for the most part, are never a good thing. Trends/styles
> wear out and when then do, you're left with modified vehicle that no
> longer looks attractive.

Well it's better than the 70s pimped out boss 302 that was on ebay some
time back....

Old November 2nd 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

Brent P wrote:
> In article .com>, wrote:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2007-f...available.html

> > Has any seen these at a Ford dealership? There's one at my local
> > dealer and that thing (being nice) is not pretty. I think what is is,
> > for me anyway, is the Foose cars look custom. I don't need/want bling.

What would you have said of the '67 Shelby Mustangs? Or better yet the
'68 GT350 with the fearsome 200 hp A code hydraulic cammed 302. Now
retailing for $150,000+ at an auction house near you.

Personally I would have said the same thing as you're saying about the
Foose; if it don't make it go faster it's stoopid. It's stoopid to pay
someone else to customize *your* car.

> It just doesn't look good. I don't know what he was going for, but it
> looks like something a rice-boy would do in that it is a mishmash of things
> seen in movies and TV.

Err, you do recall that it was the Chipster who designed the infamous
GISS II Eleanor?

> > Custom cars, for the most part, are never a good thing. Trends/styles
> > wear out and when then do, you're left with modified vehicle that no
> > longer looks attractive.

Err number 2, see comment above about '68 GT350's.

> Well it's better than the 70s pimped out boss 302 that was on ebay some
> time back....

Speaking of Boss 302's, it seems that Ford Racing Performance Parts is
marketing a line of crate engines based on the new siamese bore, 4-bolt
main (2, 3, and 4 mains anyway) "Boss 302" sportsman block. They're
calling the 302 ci version "the Boss 302." The problem is these
crates all use Windsor wedge heads. This is a greater heresy even than
calling a GISS II Eleanor a "GT500." The Foose tie-in is that he was
given one of these crates for a '69 fb that was built for the
Overhaulin' show, and even as we speak that car is sitting in the hall
at SEMA in Las Vegas, billed as a "Boss 302" for all the world to see.

Chip, we're grateful for the publicity for the Ford brand (particularly
now as it circles the drain), but one of these days you're going to go
too far.

180 Out

Old November 3rd 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark Henry

I don't know, I'm not a big Foose or Saleen fan myself. If I want to
customize my ride (which I do) I'd rather piece it together myself and
get exactly the look I want, rather than what some other designer
thought looked good.

IMHO, Chips' early work was really special, but his latest efforts are
lacking. I think he's trying to appeal to too large an audience, and as
a result has lost (or given up) his edge. Perhaps it's the pace he's
setting, or the fact that he's doing more marketing and less design work
himself.

mark h

Old November 6th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

While Foose has rarely turned out a car I really liked.... for
example, an owner who kept a car in memory of his father, and Foose
turned it into something totally different than the father had.... I
do have to keep in mind that many of the advancements in auto design
originated with inovative styling of people just like Foose. The
George Barris designer/builders. Naturally, the Barris movie cars
(Munsters, Monkeys, etc) stand out, he did a lot which was not so
famous. And a lot of those designers who remained behind the scenes at
Ford, Chevy, etc, brought forth what you see today.... well, Ok,
forget the Edsel and the retro Tbird.... :0) LOL

Kid in my hometown was into designing and building (with his dad) and
they produced, among others, a car called "Mysterion" which won a lot
of car shows back in the day.

And take a look at what people do to mod their own cars. Ford, etc,
will take those ideas that become popular enough and find ways to
incorporate them into new releases.

Old November 6th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

wrote:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2007-f...available.html

> > > Has any seen these at a Ford dealership? There's one at my local
> > > dealer and that thing (being nice) is not pretty. I think what is is,
> > > for me anyway, is the Foose cars look custom. I don't need/want bling.

> What would you have said of the '67 Shelby Mustangs? Or better yet the
> '68 GT350 with the fearsome 200 hp A code hydraulic cammed 302.

IMO, those weren't Shelbys. (The '65s, and to a lesser degree the
'66s, were built with Shelby's true intent.) They were just Fords with
Shelby emblems.

> Now retailing for $150,000+ at an auction house near you.

Only by people who drink B-J (Barrett-Jackson) Kool-Aid. When
sanity/market forces finally do a correction those who are left holding
those cars are going to lose their ass.

> Personally I would have said the same thing as you're saying about the
> Foose; if it don't make it go faster it's stoopid. It's stoopid to pay
> someone else to customize *your* car.

I agree. Factory "customs" are always desirable; aftermarket customs
generally don't age very well.

I don't foresee the Foose cars aging gracefully.

> > It just doesn't look good. I don't know what he was going for, but it
> > looks like something a rice-boy would do in that it is a mishmash of things
> > seen in movies and TV.

> Err, you do recall that it was the Chipster who designed the infamous
> GISS II Eleanor?

IMO, that's another goofy looking custom job.

> > > Custom cars, for the most part, are never a good thing. Trends/styles
> > > wear out and when then do, you're left with modified vehicle that no
> > > longer looks attractive.

> Err number 2, see comment above about '68 GT350's.

> > Well it's better than the 70s pimped out boss 302 that was on ebay some
> > time back....

> Speaking of Boss 302's, it seems that Ford Racing Performance Parts is
> marketing a line of crate engines based on the new siamese bore, 4-bolt
> main (2, 3, and 4 mains anyway) "Boss 302" sportsman block. They're
> calling the 302 ci version "the Boss 302." The problem is these
> crates all use Windsor wedge heads. This is a greater heresy even than
> calling a GISS II Eleanor a "GT500." The Foose tie-in is that he was
> given one of these crates for a '69 fb that was built for the
> Overhaulin' show, and even as we speak that car is sitting in the hall
> at SEMA in Las Vegas, billed as a "Boss 302" for all the world to see.

> Chip, we're grateful for the publicity for the Ford brand (particularly
> now as it circles the drain), but one of these days you're going to go
> too far.

Seems they're banking of the new Edge to help pull them out. But I see
that vehicle as more a floatie (too expensive and too fat) than a
rescue line.

Patrick