Letter from a Dodge dealer

Old June 10th 09, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
News

Default Letter from a Dodge dealer

Cheeky ******* wrote:
> MoPar Man wrote:
>
>> Chrysler and GM should have allowed the dealerships to be closed to
>> continue to sell their current inventory of new cars until exhausted,
>> instead of unleashing them on the public at fire-sale prices.

> I'm still waiting to see those fire sale prices!
>
> I'd take a Jeep cheap.
>
> CB

Trade in a junker and get your $4500 discount!
Old June 10th 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
miles

Josh S wrote:

> A very sad situation, one which makes me very negative towards Chrysler.
> They're being very heavy handed, there are better ways to do this.

Chrysler has no choice. Almost the entire deal is dictated by the White
House. Take a look at which dealers closed and which remain open and
then tell me theres no political bias and control from the WH!
Old June 10th 09, 02:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
miles

Steve Stone wrote:
> I get the impression that Chrysler and GM are both doing this to reduce
> dealer competition which will increase price for the consumer and profit
> for the companies?

Maybe but there is certainly bias and control coming from the WH telling
Chrysler which dealers to close. Total Obama campaign contributions
from all Chrysler dealerships closed is $200. Here in Arizona the ones
closing were all heavy Hillary or McCain contributors. It's like that
nationwide. One thats closing (Performance Dodge) had been one of the
busiest in Phoenix metro area thats being closed. The WH calls the
shots on this and its disgusting.
Old June 10th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
miles

MoPar Man wrote:

> There is something very odd about pulling the franchise for these GM and
> Chrysler dealerships. We're not being told the whole story.

The dealerships being closed did NOT contribute to Obamas campaign. The
ones who are staying open did.
Old June 10th 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
miles

Cheeky ******* wrote:
> MoPar Man wrote:
>
>> Chrysler and GM should have allowed the dealerships to be closed to
>> continue to sell their current inventory of new cars until exhausted,
>> instead of unleashing them on the public at fire-sale prices.

> I'm still waiting to see those fire sale prices!
>
> I'd take a Jeep cheap.

Theres been some good fire sales but not just at the closing
dealerships. I just bought a new 2008 Caliber SRT4 for $7000 off MSRP
sticker. This was from a surviving dealer who bought up inventory from
one that closed.
Old June 10th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jim Higgins

Cheeky ******* wrote:
> MoPar Man wrote:
>
>> Chrysler and GM should have allowed the dealerships to be closed to
>> continue to sell their current inventory of new cars until exhausted,
>> instead of unleashing them on the public at fire-sale prices.

> I'm still waiting to see those fire sale prices!
>
> I'd take a Jeep cheap.
>
> CB

That would be the Jeep Fiasco Model?

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old June 10th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
News

miles wrote:
> Josh S wrote:
>
>> A very sad situation, one which makes me very negative towards Chrysler.
>> They're being very heavy handed, there are better ways to do this.

> Chrysler has no choice. Almost the entire deal is dictated by the White
> House. Take a look at which dealers closed and which remain open and
> then tell me theres no political bias and control from the WH!

Why? Because stealership owners are primarily Republican?
Old June 10th 09, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
News

miles wrote:
> MoPar Man wrote:
>
>> There is something very odd about pulling the franchise for these GM and
>> Chrysler dealerships. We're not being told the whole story.

> The dealerships being closed did NOT contribute to Obamas campaign. The
> ones who are staying open did.

Cite? WAG? Or outright fabrication?
Old June 10th 09, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
CopperTop

miles > wrote in :

> Josh S wrote:
>
>> A very sad situation, one which makes me very negative towards Chrysler.
>> They're being very heavy handed, there are better ways to do this.

> Chrysler has no choice. Almost the entire deal is dictated by the White
> House. Take a look at which dealers closed and which remain open and
> then tell me theres no political bias and control from the WH!

It was proven by countless sources that the percentage of republican closed
dealers was within a point or two of the overall number of dealers that are
republican owned. It's just one of those stories being circulated by the
same ones who still think Obama is Muslim and that "Mission Accomplished"
was for real.
Old June 10th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Cheeky Bastard[_2_]

News wrote:
> Cheeky ******* wrote:
>> MoPar Man wrote:
>>
>>> Chrysler and GM should have allowed the dealerships to be closed to
>>> continue to sell their current inventory of new cars until
>>> exhausted, instead of unleashing them on the public at fire-sale
>>> prices.

>> I'm still waiting to see those fire sale prices!
>>
>> I'd take a Jeep cheap.
>>
>> CB

> Trade in a junker and get your $4500 discount!

Did that bill pass today?

If so I have a 89 K5 that can go.