Bad smelling air through vents.

Old February 18th 05, 03:50 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On 18 Feb 2005 05:20:36 -0800, "N8N" > wrote:

>Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:54:38 -0500, Nate Nagel >
>> wrote:

>the air has a

>then it goes

>years) and

>that builds

>anything I can do

>away

>other

>the

>you
>> >>

>//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

>MY

>car

>the

>future

>> >OK, so you just proved that your suggestion won't help him at all.

>Did
>> >you have a point?

>> Nobody has proven it WON'T work.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
>It's not going to get where the mold/mildew/whatever is growing, as it
>will drain out the drain holes in the sheetmetal before ever entering
>the HVAC box. QED.

HINT: nobody on earth give's a flying **** what you do and don't *get*
especially me.

>> It is step #1 of a multi-part procedu
>>
>> Step #2 and beyond is repeating what has already been posted:
>>
>> i.e.
>> *Install new Cabin Air Filter if there is one.
>>
>> *While blower motor is on high, spray Lysol mist into air intake that
>> Cabin Air Filter feeds.
>>
>> *Find any air input ducts _INSIDE_ the vehicle, and spray Lysol mist
>> into them with blower motor running at full speed.
>>
>> END
>>
>> None of this exonerates any of you from being nitwits.
>>

>OK, where did you ever post the above procedure? (which makes a hell
>of a lot more sense than pouring bleach into the cowl intake) Time to
>check you're meds, Larry, you're slipping into "semi-coherent ranting
>asshole" mode again.
>
>nate

Drop dead **** stick.

Lg

Old February 19th 05, 02:39 PM
mic canic

there is a kit made for the musty smell issue that can bought at any chysler
made by dc just for this issue

Old February 20th 05, 06:21 AM
Billy Bad Assr©

"Mark T." > wrote in message
> I have an 84 Chrysler New Yorker and when I turn the air on, the air has a
> bad smell coming through the vents for the first few minutes then it goes
> away. Now I did have the car setting up for a while (almost 2 years) and
> drove it very seldom during this period. So is there something that builds
> up in the duct lines when you let a car sit up?

Happened when you performed a car wash and the in coming air vent was set to
allow outside air into vehicle!

>Is there anything I can do to clean it out?

To repair you will have to remove, thoroughly clean out by hand (use Lysol lemon
fresh for best results!) and re-install the plastic air vents under the dash.

The next time you wash your vehicle -- remember to close the vents!

BBA

Old February 20th 05, 05:46 PM
High Sierra

Billy Bad Assr© wrote:
> "Mark T." > wrote in message
>
>>I have an 84 Chrysler New Yorker and when I turn the air on, the air has a
>>bad smell coming through the vents for the first few minutes then it goes
>>away. Now I did have the car setting up for a while (almost 2 years) and
>>drove it very seldom during this period. So is there something that builds
>>up in the duct lines when you let a car sit up?

> Happened when you performed a car wash and the in coming air vent was set to
> allow outside air into vehicle!
>

>>Is there anything I can do to clean it out?

> To repair you will have to remove, thoroughly clean out by hand (use Lysol lemon
> fresh for best results!) and re-install the plastic air vents under the dash.
>

> The next time you wash your vehicle -- remember to close the vents!
>

> BBA

Absolute garbage.

Water cannot get inside vehicle thru air vents.

Unless the vehicle is submerged.
Old February 20th 05, 06:41 PM
Billy Bad Assr©

> Absolute garbage.

It's a pre 85 chrysler product not a gm or a ford numb nuts!

Old February 21st 05, 12:31 AM
Nate Nagel

High Sierra wrote:

> Billy Bad Assr© wrote:
>
>> "Mark T." > wrote in message
>>
>>> I have an 84 Chrysler New Yorker and when I turn the air on, the air
>>> has a
>>> bad smell coming through the vents for the first few minutes then it
>>> goes
>>> away. Now I did have the car setting up for a while (almost 2 years) and
>>> drove it very seldom during this period. So is there something that
>>> builds
>>> up in the duct lines when you let a car sit up?

>> Happened when you performed a car wash and the in coming air vent was
>> set to
>> allow outside air into vehicle!
>>

>>> Is there anything I can do to clean it out?

>> To repair you will have to remove, thoroughly clean out by hand (use
>> Lysol lemon
>> fresh for best results!) and re-install the plastic air vents under
>> the dash.
>>

>> The next time you wash your vehicle -- remember to close the vents!
>>

>> BBA
>>

> Absolute garbage.
>
> Water cannot get inside vehicle thru air vents.
>
> Unless the vehicle is submerged.

usually true, but I once had a '67 Dart that had collected enough pine
needles in the air intake to allow water in the passenger compartment
when it rained - the cowl drains were completely full. Was fun to clean
out too, as the only access to that area was through the little vent
doors in the HVAC box - you can *just* reach your hand up in there to
grab a handful of pine needles

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old February 21st 05, 02:52 PM
High Sierra

So, what's your point. I've owned pre 85 Chrysler products. Never had an issue
with water getting in through the air vents unless the vehicle was flooded.

Old February 21st 05, 02:55 PM
High Sierra

Nate Nagel wrote:
> High Sierra wrote:
>
>> Billy Bad Assr© wrote:

>>> Happened when you performed a car wash and the in coming air vent was
>>> set to
>>> allow outside air into vehicle!

>>> To repair you will have to remove, thoroughly clean out by hand (use
>>> Lysol lemon
>>> fresh for best results!) and re-install the plastic air vents under
>>> the dash.
>>>

>>> The next time you wash your vehicle -- remember to close the vents!
>>>

>>> BBA
>>>

>> Absolute garbage.
>>
>> Water cannot get inside vehicle thru air vents.
>>
>> Unless the vehicle is submerged.

> usually true, but I once had a '67 Dart that had collected enough pine
> needles in the air intake to allow water in the passenger compartment
> when it rained - the cowl drains were completely full. Was fun to clean
> out too, as the only access to that area was through the little vent
> doors in the HVAC box - you can *just* reach your hand up in there to
> grab a handful of pine needles
>
> nate

I agree that could happen, but pine needles aren't an issue where I live.

Even a Ferd or Cheby could get plugged.