1998 740iL Navigation System

Old December 7th 04, 06:01 PM
kae

Default 1998 740iL Navigation System

My 740 started experiencing an ejection problem
last week and I am totally dependent on my NavSystem. When I insert the
disc, after about 20-30 seconds it ejects and the nav screen reads, "CD
not loaded..(or something along those lines)
Hoping it would be something simple, one dealer I spoke with said it would
take a few hurs to reset it and another said they would have to remove it
and send it out for repair and it would cost me approx $2k. Also, I
checked and see that BMW has issued a few recalls on the 740's with
Navigation, if I am was not having problem previously, can I still address
the issue under the BMW recall?

Old December 8th 04, 05:17 PM
Jason

first off if they say they have to get it repaired...get a new one from
http://www.bimmernav.com/page2.html for only 700 bucks. 2nd. try a different
cd first. dont just assume it's the system, try the cd. 3rd. make sure you
have the current software on the system.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old January 5th 05, 08:34 PM
kae

IS THERE NEW SOFTWARE THAT WOULD HAVE EFFECTED THE PERFORMANCE OF MY NAV
WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS? I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR YEARS WITHOUT A
PROBLEM...THANKS FOR YOUR HELP