'88 Audi Coupe, Hazard light problem

Old October 12th 04, 06:55 PM
Slimbo

Default '88 Audi Coupe, Hazard light problem

Hello!
My '88-9 Audi Coupe has a faulty Hazard light. It just stopped working the
other day! I have replaced the switches and the relay (under the dash). The
indicators work fine, though.
When I changed the switches over, the hazard light on the instrument panel
came on constant. The indicator lights came on when the haz switch was on,
but again, constant (not flashing).
I re-plugged in the switch, and the light went out. Now i'm back to square
one!!

Any suggestions?

Simon
England

Old October 12th 04, 07:11 PM
Steve Sears

Simon,
Check the wiring to the switch - www.audifans.com notes problems with
grounding for Coupe Hazard problems. Sounds like changing the switch
(moving the wiring ~ broken wire? , flaky connections in the plug?
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 12th 04, 09:07 PM
The Al Bundy

"Slimbo" > wrote
lkaboutautos.com...
> Hello!
> My '88-9 Audi Coupe has a faulty Hazard light. It just stopped working the
> other day! I have replaced the switches and the relay (under the dash).

The
> indicators work fine, though.
> When I changed the switches over, the hazard light on the instrument panel
> came on constant. The indicator lights came on when the haz switch was on,
> but again, constant (not flashing).
> I re-plugged in the switch, and the light went out. Now i'm back to square
> one!!
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Simon
> England

Check the fuses. Last week I was driving without break lights for a few
days... The hazard light did the same as yours, just goes on and stays on.
Found a nice burned out fuse, replaced it and everything works fine again.
It seems like the hazard light also runs on the same circuit as the break
lights.

Al

Old October 13th 04, 06:41 PM
Tony

Check the wires entering the drivers side trunk hinge. They break and cause all
kinds of odd problems.

'91 100q 5psd