Sermons of Bob Hoover

Old August 9th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

Default Sermons of Bob Hoover

It seems, as I search this newsgroup, that the Sermons of Bob Hoover is
jumping out of every corner. Maybe it is because everything that I am
searching for, he had at one time covered with detailed debate. I have
found from readings, that he is a cult like image to some. Then their
are the people with arguement, slandersous upon his character and
opinions.

I have my own opinions.. If he knows something, it would only be cool
of him to let us know. Without a fee.. So what if someone copies his CD
and makes millions of dollars of of him? It makes him a legend. A real
legend, because his name would be on that CD for all of eternity. So
their is 2 ways to look at it.. he don't want people to make money off
of him. I don't want people to make money off of me.. but most people
don't throw money out the window, and only use it to gain something in
life.. so they would buy something to make a resale profit, or
something to make their life easier. The government makes money off of
us everyday, with taxes. So all we have to enjoy in this world is our
VW's. Then VW doesn't allow us to call it a VW or Bug, or Volkswagen on
our personal webpage, because people may think we are them.. Maybe VW
should just disappear, all the bugs just rot and never get repaired? So
Hoover has a vast wealth of knowledge... He refers to several as kids,
and what they bolt on.. I tried the bolt on, and sorry.. at that time..
I was just a kid.. someone without VW knowledge. I'd love to know what
he thinks, since he does know what is right. Although he may be in
depth way too deep on certain matters.. I am willing to bet an engine
by him would outlast an engine by 90% of these newsgroup readers. So is
he greedy for not producing the CD anymore, because people copy and
violate making money on him?? If he was greedy, he would take the
opportunity to be a legend to the fullest.. and get his name out their.
You only live so long... Apperently, he doesn't care much about that
aspect at all, he just doesn't like to be used or disrespected.

However, back to subject.. I NEED to know why not to buy a Phat Boy
style muffler and 40mm Dual Kadrons for my 1960 beetle converted to 12v
with 1600cc DP engine??!?!?!? I want my Bug to emberass people. I want
it to be the baddest that it can be. I can't live without other peoples
opinions.. I am saving to buy it a turnkey 1914cc engine.. Their is the
reliable 1776, and the awesome 2000cc plus engines. I just want
in-between. Something that will last atleast 5 years. I want to know
about tranny gear ratios.. Mine has a 67 swingaxle in it.. I want to
know what might happen with 125-150hp at those wheels.

Can we please get some Bob Hoover on here, or someone at the least who
cares to comment. I write things and get not much of an answer.. back
in the day, as andrewba.. this NG had so much help. You all told me to
scrap my 71 Super Beetle Autostick.. I didn't.. I should have saved
that 2k in parts.. I finally sold it and got a solid euro 60 bug. Now
everyone is argueing, fighting, and claiming that the VW enthusiasts
are dwindling.. VW is coming more alive than ever. I have never in my
27 year old lifetime seen more bugs on the road, than now. Prices are
skyrocketing!! I think some people on here should get into check with
what they say. It's not cool to bash someone over opinion. That is what
this place is about. Everyone ocasionally will come up with something
stupid.. whereas debate is very important to see all sides of the
stories. I think if you think that enthusiasts are dwindling, that you
need to rephrase that purists are dwindling. VW purists are dwindling..
not enthusiasts.. I am not a purist.. I am perfectly happy with my bug
being converted to modern 12v, with a faster than stock engine. I want
to get it a bigger engine, and an A/C. Not picking on a purist, I
respect every vehicle basically ever made.. but not to look outside the
box is like throwing away dollars and only looking at the loose change
instead. I know a pure VW is worth more than some modified, but their
is nothing wrong with a modified VW!! Modifying a VW is what kept this
hobby alive untill this day. Why did they people slap 85.5mm P&C's into
their 1500cc stock cases?? Before fire, you just ate food raw.

I just like to hear both sides of the story.. and both sides are being
eliminated.

I'd like to know things like if a 1967 gas tank would fit my 1960 euro
bug.. because I need a fuel guage.. not just some reserve lever.

I really really want the phat boy muffler on my ride, but scared
because of all the people booing on upgrade and saying it will destroy
my engine..

However, I don't want by any means, my vehicle to die. or be harmed..
it cost me too much!! I am willing to compromise any of my dreams for
it, to keep it alive. Untill death do us part. I proposed in my new VW
Bug on Christmas Eve. Only owned it for a month. We watched Herbie
reloaded on DVD that night.

On the other hand, I am fine with working on it every few years.. So
what if it needs a new engine every 5 years.. atleast it was fun.. But
if it wouldn't last 6 months, then I'd have to say no..

So why doesn't everyone stop bashing.. calling eachother asshats.. and
creating over the internet wars.. and help the rest of us people who
look up to you guys for the answers? RAMVA is a staple for the ACVWC!!
People like Jan and Shaggy.. Maudlib.. were here way back.. Bob.. RICK
HIGGENS etc.. Rick sold me a USED set of VHS Bug ME Videos cheaper
because I was broke.. That was real! I can't believe what all I read
now.. and what all lack of response.. and how all stupidly people are
looking at eachother. I take on the whole ACVWC, I want to be the new
leader! I am willing to listen to any one of yall, and soak in any
knowledge you may have.. to carry on into the future ACVWC.I want to
educate the world and be educated on how to keep a ACVW alive.. and
fresh. I've paid people to install the wrong gland nut on my
autostick.. I've paid people to sell me a distributor and end up with a
world hated 009.. This information contained on this newsgroup is very
important!! Hearing how someone is greedy or an asshat is not! Calling
opinions BS is not.. alot of people don't know the first thing about a
ACVW. What you heard, is what you believed.. Why does it have to be so
hostile??

If you order a Sausage and Gravy Biscuit at McDonalds.. and they forgot
the knife and fork.. that is reason to get hostile.. If you ordered a
Coke, and they forgot the straw.. you ask for a straw, and they say it
should've been in the bag.. that is reason to get hostile!! They're
probably spitting in your food anyways.. This newsgroup is no reason to
get hostile.. I was once called a troll.. simply because I inquired on
a body kit to convert my 71 Super Beetle autostick into a new Beetle
body from the 2000's.. Geez.. I wasn't a troll!! Wrong place, wrong
time.. didn't know.. now I live with it every day.. scared of what I
may say next... Then this Paterson guy mounts a rocket to his new
Beetle, and speaking of him is nearly banned here because it is
watercooled. Don't dare associate yourself as owning a watercooled
Beetle to us aircooled Beetle Bug owners.. I support Vw Bug to the
fullest, but would never condone a person driving an air conditioned,
fully equipted, 1.8 turbo New Beetle. I still think a new Beetle body
would be cool on an old ACVW. Troll or not.. so would a pulse rocket
engine!

Everyone who doesn't like me can lick a ball. "via the internet"

Bob Hoover and your "The Sermons", I hope you come back.

Old August 9th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

I agreed with almost everything he said but,
once B.H. said he uses 40 weight in Summer and 30HD in cold weather.

Old August 9th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Everyone who doesn't like me can lick a ball. "via the internet"

isn't this one of the things you said was not "important"? <yawn>

Old August 9th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

if we all just get along world would be too dull, sorry...

as far as fat boy mufler goes, it's cool for the first days, then you
have to invest into ear plugs or keep good supply of tylenol.

it won't kill ur engine, but don't plan on keeping ur exhaust valves
for too long.

Old August 9th 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

Sometimes I wish we could edit things on here

Old August 9th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

Is it really that loud? How about the quietpack muffler? Looks like it,
but more rectangle? I definately wouldn't want to burn a valve. Is
their anything in the extractor category for a 1600cc stock DP engine
that can be reccomended. I'm not so worried about the HP gain...
although it would be nice.. I realize without carbs, and all the
other.. theirs not much HP to gain. I was only looking at the phat boy
with a stock size 1 3/8th extractor. I am interested in a deeper more
balls sound. Not neccessarily loud, just deeper. I have those bigger
for stock p-shooter tips on alllready, is that about all that should be
done? Or how about the black porsche looking turbo mufflers? They're
like the p-shooters, but black with yellow tips?

Old August 9th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Sometimes I wish we could edit things on here

if i only had one little nickel for everytime i thought the same
thing..............i'd have it made...

Old August 9th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Is it really that loud? How about the quietpack muffler? Looks like it,
> but more rectangle? I definately wouldn't want to burn a valve. Is
> their anything in the extractor category for a 1600cc stock DP engine
> that can be reccomended. I'm not so worried about the HP gain...
> although it would be nice.. I realize without carbs, and all the
> other.. theirs not much HP to gain. I was only looking at the phat boy
> with a stock size 1 3/8th extractor. I am interested in a deeper more
> balls sound. Not neccessarily loud, just deeper. I have those bigger
> for stock p-shooter tips on alllready, is that about all that should be
> done? Or how about the black porsche looking turbo mufflers? They're
> like the p-shooters, but black with yellow tips?

i have a bugpack hideaway setup...decent sound but not deafening....and you
don't even really have to see it....my advice to anyone that may be
purchasing a cheaper header/muffler setup(like the bugpack) pass on the
"ceramic coating"....it will rust off in less than a year....

Old August 9th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
luftgekuhlten

> I agreed with almost everything he said but,
> once B.H. said he uses 40 weight in Summer and 30HD in cold weather.

Not uncommon. Before oil blends could better address engines running
hotter (due to smog restrictions) straight weights were the only option
for our air cooled four bangers. Those of us running highway speeds
during the winter were careful to run 30w. I used an oil pan heater
(replaced the sump plate) so the Bug would start right up -- even
during the coldest months. But I did not use multi-weight oil.

Old August 9th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

Another option is monza exhaust. You can get those from motorworks
they look cool and motorworks claims they have deeper throatier sound.
I've never heard them in action, but might be an option as well. They
do look decent at least in the catalog.

mamotorworks.com

As far as bugpack goes I think their coating is just to that the
muflers don't rust during shipping! I am not buying another one. On
merged headers, paint starts smoking and pills off after engine barely
warm!