Alfa GT Pictures

Old August 2nd 04, 10:15 AM
PhilipS

Default Alfa GT Pictures

Hi everyone,

Currently at the exciting pre-purchase phase, in the 147 to Gt coupe
upgrade!

Does anyone know of any pictures on the web of the GT with the
optional (in the UK at least) 17" 5 hole alloys.

All of the publicity pictures are with the optional 18" spokes, the
ones in the brochure seem to all be the optional 17" spoked. I have a
sneaking feeling that the curvy GT may look quite special with the
5-hole wheels. Every mg-seat-and-their-dog has multispokes these
days!!

From pictures i've seen the 16" ones look a little shrunk in the wash.

TIA Philip
Old August 2nd 04, 10:28 AM
Simon C

Hi Philip

Have you tried the car configurator on www.alfaromeo.co.uk?

I know it's not brilliant, but I may give the help you need.

Simon C
156 2.4JTD V1 (2002)
To reply: remove nospam. from the address

m...

Old August 3rd 04, 02:53 AM
Synapse Syndrome

"PhilipS" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi everyone,
>
> Currently at the exciting pre-purchase phase, in the 147 to Gt coupe
> upgrade!
>
> Does anyone know of any pictures on the web of the GT with the
> optional (in the UK at least) 17" 5 hole alloys.
>
> All of the publicity pictures are with the optional 18" spokes, the
> ones in the brochure seem to all be the optional 17" spoked. I have a
> sneaking feeling that the curvy GT may look quite special with the
> 5-hole wheels. Every mg-seat-and-their-dog has multispokes these
> days!!
>
> From pictures i've seen the 16" ones look a little shrunk in the wash.

I saw a GT today that really stood out, like it was glowing. It was
pearlescent greeney-blue with those mica flakes to reflect the light. It
looked totally mad.

Get that crazy paint!

ss.

Old August 5th 04, 09:24 AM
PhilipS

Thanks all. I guess what you saw was the nuvola blue pearlescent job,
looks good, cost a packet!

I tried the car configurator on the alfa website - it improved when i
realised you could click the picture and the car of your choice spins
round!

saw one through the gates of my local alfa dealer in sterling grey
with 17" spoked wheels and black leather waiting for some lucky
customer. its looks pretty special in the ligher colours, not so sure
about the dark ones.

cheers
Philip
Old August 10th 04, 10:32 PM
Grahame

Hi Philip,

I too was considering the 17" 5 hole alloys - they look great in the
brochure!

Have a look at this site for some nice pictures:

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2004/cars...upe_smart.html

FWIW, I actually saw these wheels on a silver GT in a local showroom and,
although they look great in pictures and on the website above, I thought
that they looked too "open" and showed too much of the calipers and disks
for my liking. But hey, it'd be boring if we all liked the same stuff, and I
totally take on your comment about the proliferation of multispokes! And
yeah - the 16" spokes just look too small for the GT!

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures

Grahame.

m...

Old August 13th 04, 09:30 AM
PhilipS

> I too was considering the 17" 5 hole alloys - they look great in the
> brochure!
>
> Have a look at this site for some nice pictures:
>
> http://www.italiaspeed.com/2004/cars...upe_smart.html
>
> FWIW, I actually saw these wheels on a silver GT in a local showroom and,
> although they look great in pictures and on the website above, I thought
> that they looked too "open" and showed too much of the calipers and disks
> for my liking. But hey, it'd be boring if we all liked the same stuff, and I
> totally take on your comment about the proliferation of multispokes! And
> yeah - the 16" spokes just look too small for the GT!
>
> Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures

Thanks for the link - I found a great site with loads of gallery
pictures of the GT, loads of colours, wheel options, etc when I was
'google image' searching the other day, I've just tried to find it
again to share the link, and I'll be b*ggered if it hasn't vanished
from the web!!

From some of the pix i saw (imagined!?!) I can see what you mean about
exposing too much of the 'works' they do look very open. cheers Philip