me and my Purple Baja

Old December 15th 04, 01:21 AM
Thomas Malmevik

Default me and my Purple Baja

Looks like I wont be finishing my engine transplant this month
after all. I crashed my motorcycle this morning on the way to work and
broke my left knee. Since I just had surgery a month ago, this really
sucks. Hopefully I will finish it soon. Still have to pull the tank and
clean it. Clean the fuel lines and replace the rubber ones. Throw away the
old battery and its acid. Repair the HOLE in the floor under it. Then
mount the new motor, bleed and adjust the brakes and put in a nice new
Optima Gell Cell (on its side) and hook her all up. Some times life sucks
a bit donchaknow.

At least I'll be able to keep up with RAMVA for awhile.....*8-}

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Old December 15th 04, 03:39 AM
Shaggie

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:21:25 -0800, Thomas Malmevik
> wrote:

> Looks like I wont be finishing my engine transplant this month
>after all. I crashed my motorcycle this morning on the way to work and
>broke my left knee. Since I just had surgery a month ago, this really
>sucks. Hopefully I will finish it soon. Still have to pull the tank and
>clean it. Clean the fuel lines and replace the rubber ones. Throw away the
>old battery and its acid. Repair the HOLE in the floor under it. Then
>mount the new motor, bleed and adjust the brakes and put in a nice new
>Optima Gell Cell (on its side) and hook her all up. Some times life sucks
>a bit donchaknow.
>
> At least I'll be able to keep up with RAMVA for awhile.....*8-}

Dude, I'm disappointed. You broke your knee on the bike and now have
time to make creative posts here and that's all you have for us? Tell
us THE STORY. I'm not so good at this, but offer it as a beginning
for you to get "inspiration from."

It was a fitful night, and one I'd like to forget soon. But one I
felt was leading up to something. Something I'd forget for a long
time, or at least up until now. Or maybe that was just that I
*begged* myself to forget for a long time. (the pain in my lower
neck was not so bad) The body aches were severe and and it was as if
a drug (the painkillers were but trivial) was leeching at my
thoughts. Sweaty. Sweaty? My forehead hadn't been sweaty in years.
Quick check of the wall thermometer revealed a pleasant 72 degrees
inside. Still....those candles flickering. Quick thermostat reading
on a thermometer showed a 108 fever for myself. Crap. I'm about to
reach the ultimate realization in one way or another. Slowly burning
the wax down with no fight to present to the 90 watt bulbs mocking
them from the nearby lamp posts. I sneezed, and upon recoiling from
the sneeze the important thought (important thought to me) snapped
back into my mind. We will begin it with the surgery. Simple IVs
followed by mild cutting. Cutting. Careful cutting. Only needed to
move the flesh away from the public who would have to view on this
exquisite carving at a later date. Amazing how scabs disappear.
Realizing only now that the whole "temperature thing" on myself had
reached a level over 105. Worry? Yes. But why? Maybe not worry that
I won't hit <send> on this before someone realizes. ..........
I think this runs in the family. It's been a
fun/interesting/confusing ride. I'm glad somme of y'all sat beside of
me for parts of it. Boiling. Boiling.... Boiled. No more worries.
*whispering wind sound that lasts FOREVER*

---

"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness."
-James Thurber
Old December 15th 04, 04:53 AM
Tim Rogers

"Shaggie" > wrote in message

> It was a fitful night, and one I'd like to forget soon. But one I
> felt was leading up to something. Something I'd forget for a long
> time, or at least up until now. Or maybe that was just that I
> *begged* myself to forget for a long time. (the pain in my lower
> neck was not so bad) The body aches were severe and and it was as if
> a drug (the painkillers were but trivial) was leeching at my
> thoughts. Sweaty. Sweaty? My forehead hadn't been sweaty in years.
> Quick check of the wall thermometer revealed a pleasant 72 degrees
> inside. Still....those candles flickering.............
>
>........SNIP !!!!

...................Jim Beam has killed so many of your brain cells that
you're now at about the same intellectual level as my schnauzer. At least he
knows how to lick himself when he wants some self-gratification.

timmy

Old December 15th 04, 01:40 PM
Shaggie

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:53:58 -0500, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>..................Jim Beam has killed so many of your brain cells that
>you're now at about the same intellectual level as my schnauzer. At least he
>knows how to lick himself when he wants some self-gratification.
>

>timmy

I never mentioned my hobby as a practicing contortionist before? :-)

---

Old December 18th 04, 04:51 AM
ThaDriver

I also send my "get well" to you Thomas. I ride too - is the bike hurt bad?
;^P
Shaggie you have way too much time on your hands....
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old December 18th 04, 06:14 AM
Thomas Malmevik

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, ThaDriver wrote:

> I also send my "get well" to you Thomas. I ride too - is the bike hurt bad?
> ;^P
> Shaggie you have way too much time on your hands....
> ~ Paul
> aka "Tha Driver"

Nopers. Just the passing lamp/blinker combo came loose from the
impact. As for me, I found out today that I have three fractures in the
top of the tibia. Gonna be 10 weeks at least till they heal and then may
need surgery on the ACL after that. Having MRI monday and MD appointment
again Wed. Hurts like hell too.

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Old December 18th 04, 06:54 PM
ThaDriver

> I also send my "get well" to you Thomas. I ride too - is the bike hurt
bad?
> ;^P
> Shaggie you have way too much time on your hands....
> ~ Paul
> aka "Tha Driver"

Nopers. Just the passing lamp/blinker combo came loose from the
impact. As for me, I found out today that I have three fractures in the
top of the tibia. Gonna be 10 weeks at least till they heal and then may
need surgery on the ACL after that. Having MRI monday and MD appointment
again Wed. Hurts like hell too.
*********
Bummer. I know it's a PITA to not be able to do anything; I have back
problems & it sometimes puts me down for a week or two. Not to mention the
*actual* pain! Good luck with it & hang in there.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"