Cleaning Fuel Injectors in 2005 Honda Accord?

Old January 20th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default Cleaning Fuel Injectors in 2005 Honda Accord?

Necronomicon > wrote in
:

> On Jan 19, 7:18�am, Tegger > wrote:
>> "Woody" > wrote
>>

> c.com:
>>
>> > Most of those mechanics carry a utility knife in their pocket for
>> > when they think they can sell you new boots.

>> They don't need to. Nobody checks their CV joint boots, so it's only
>> a matter of time before the mechanic ends up making money changing
>> the shafts.

> I don't believe Jiffy-Lube offers those
> services, but yeah, other garages do.

You can check your own CV joint boots, and you don't even need to jack
the car up or take the wheel off.

Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left. Now go look inside the
front left wheel well. You'll be able to see the bellows of the boots,
already fully expanded, and any cracks very visible.

Turn the wheel the opposite way for the right side.

>> > There is no way a mechanic can determine the injectors need
>> > cleaning without opening up your engine.

>> You remove the fuel rail from the manifold, injectors in place. Place
>> clear container under injectors. Crank engine. Observe spray pattern.
>> They do it all the time.
>>

> I really doubt my guy had the time to do this...

That's the way to do it though.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 21st 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
T0mmy

Everyones worried about the cost of everything anf the value of nothing

Mines done a 108k miles and I insisted on an oil cleaner at the service
before last (they also used the fuel cleaner)
I noticed an improvement straight away - just that little bit smoother/ revs
quicker and the oil?
Its looks cleaner -nothing scientific I admit and I also thought the economy
was a little better - as I'm par/exing it for a CRV auto on Friday possibly
the new owner will benefit

Old January 23rd 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Tegger" > wrote in message ...
> They don't need to. Nobody checks their CV joint boots, so it's only a
> matter of time before the mechanic ends up making money changing the
> shafts.

Is it really reasonable to do anything else than changing shafts?
I have toytoa camry with torn boots - it happened long time ago.
Exchanging shafts for refurbished ones is $200 per each side.

How much is to just replace boots?
I know there is a lot of labor included in this repair anyway.
Old January 23rd 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Pszemol wrote:
> "Tegger" > wrote in message
>> They don't need to. Nobody checks their CV joint boots, so it's only a
>> matter of time before the mechanic ends up making money changing the
>> shafts.

> Is it really reasonable to do anything else than changing shafts?
> I have toytoa camry with torn boots - it happened long time ago.
> Exchanging shafts for refurbished ones is $200 per each side.
> How much is to just replace boots?
> I know there is a lot of labor included in this repair anyway.

depends how anal you are. if you want absolute best quality, go a head
and re-boot your oem shafts. even if the ends are worn out, you can buy
new ones and replace them and keep the rest of the oem shaft.

some of the aftermarket shafts aren't that good. some are fine though.
gkn are as good as oem - if you can get them. [not available for my
89 civic/90 crx any more.]