Duratec V6, synthetic or regular oil?

Old July 2nd 04, 07:33 PM
Chris Szilagyi

Thank you for the info. Just one question, when you mention using
Mobil 1 5W-20, are you talking about synthetic or regular oil?? I
have heard all good things about Mobil 1, but haven't used it before
so I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

Thanks again,
--
Chris

Old July 6th 04, 05:43 PM
Steve

Chris Szilagyi wrote:

> Thank you for the info. Just one question, when you mention using
> Mobil 1 5W-20, are you talking about synthetic or regular oil??

There is no such thing as "regular" Mobil 1. All Mobil 1 is synthetic.
Mobil's line of conventional oil is just called "Mobil" oil.

Old October 24th 04, 11:03 PM
Jeff

> The rotary engine is still being made. It's in the RX-8.

I think it is also being made for various airplanes.

Jeff

Old November 9th 04, 12:17 AM
Rudy Hiebert

Adding to what's previously posted: I'm of the opinion: Canada & U.S.
have different emission standards, hence the differing SAE
recommendations. Don't make any sense I know. I'm a supporter of the
idea to use synthetic engine lubricants. When you combine these
superior lubricants and related oil and air filters, you will
experience extended protection, reduced fuel consumption all adding up
to superior care for your car.
RH