My car heater stopped working

Old January 22nd 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ciccolina

Default My car heater stopped working

My 1997 Honda Accord heater stopped working. My friend triggered this
by kicking something on the passenger side by accident 2 weeks ago.
After that It wouldnt come back on, the only way i could get it to run
again was by banging it with something. Now it doesnt come on at all
even after I bang it. The controls for the heater turn on and light
up however nothing happens (intermittenly i will hear a weird noise
coming from the passenger side underneath the glove box) please help!
Does anyone know what this could be? (its not a fuse i already checked)
Old January 22nd 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Do you mean the heater FAN stopped working? Or are you
saying the heater is not blowing warm air when the
thermostat is set on hot?

"Ciccolina" > wrote

Old January 22nd 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Ciccolina wrote:
> My 1997 Honda Accord heater stopped working. My friend triggered this
> by kicking something on the passenger side by accident 2 weeks ago.
> After that It wouldnt come back on, the only way i could get it to run
> again was by banging it with something. Now it doesnt come on at all
> even after I bang it. The controls for the heater turn on and light
> up however nothing happens (intermittenly i will hear a weird noise
> coming from the passenger side underneath the glove box) please help!
> Does anyone know what this could be? (its not a fuse i already checked)

-------------------

www.slhondaparts.com has your diagrams. Disconnect the connector, remove
three screws and the fan falls on the passenger's floor. Hook it up to
12 volts (polarity won't matter) it should run, if it doesn't, your
problem is in your hand. Wrecker will have them. Use a mirror and good
flashlight to check inside for rodent nests while it's out. You probably
just broke the wire inside the male or female connector. . .

'Curly'

Old January 22nd 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

> www.slhondaparts.com has your diagrams. Disconnect the connector, remove three screws and the fan falls on the passenger's floor. Hook it up to 12 volts (polarity won't matter) it should run, if it doesn't, your problem is in your hand. Wrecker will have them. Use a mirror and good flashlight to check inside for rodent nests while it's out. You probably broke a wire inside the male or female connector.

'Curly'

Sorry if this appears TWICE . .