ION

Old August 20th 04, 03:32 PM
Herman Munster

Default ION

Hi all,
I currently have a 95 sc2 with 242,000 miles on it. Still running
great (started burning some oil at about 200k). Do any of you
have any experience with a new ION. I am considering getting
one. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.
HM

Old August 20th 04, 05:05 PM
GCC

I've got an '03 Ion Quad Coupe, had it a year today - 19020KM

I haven't really had any problems with the car. There are a few downsides
to it - the blindspots are horrible, I can't really tell how close I am to a
curb when pulling up / backing up (My rear spoiler makes it worse than it
would be w/o a spoiler). The seats are kind of cheap - opt for leather or
the RedLine with the sport seats.

The ride is nice, 140HP is all I really need - although if I had an
unlimited supply of cash I'd get a turbo or trade in for the RedLine myself.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/thegecko

Old August 21st 04, 01:55 AM
marx404

There are alot of good things about the ION over the S series:

More head room
more leg room
2 rear doors in the QC,
new 140hp Ecotec (low maintenance) engine
more sound deadening material
thicker windshield
battery stored in trunk (less heat, easier access, weight distribution)
higher stance (no more stepping down into the car)
easy change headbulb lamps
better headlamp lighting
more trunk room
electric trunk release
center gauge console (aligned with mirrors)

and more... although I am biased towards the old S series, especially the
SC, the QC has many nice features. There will be some nice changes for '05
including a new 170 hp engine.

marx404

Old August 23rd 04, 01:19 PM
Ron Herfurth

"marx404" > wrote in message
> There are alot of good things about the ION over the S series:
>
> More head room
> more leg room
> 2 rear doors in the QC,
> new 140hp Ecotec (low maintenance) engine
> more sound deadening material
> thicker windshield
> battery stored in trunk (less heat, easier access, weight distribution)
> higher stance (no more stepping down into the car)
> easy change headbulb lamps
> better headlamp lighting
> more trunk room
> electric trunk release
> center gauge console (aligned with mirrors)
>
> and more... although I am biased towards the old S series, especially the
> SC, the QC has many nice features. There will be some nice changes for '05
> including a new 170 hp engine.
>
> marx404

Does a bigger engine equate to worse gas mileage? My 94 SL-1 gets almost 40
mpg highway without AC, low 30s with AC.
Will the instruments on the 95 be in front of the driver? I'd be happy if
they just moved the speedometer back there.
And will there ever be a wagon version of the Ion like there was for the L
and S or has Saturn abandoned that market?
Ron