2003 Odyssey Hesitation

Old October 7th 04, 02:47 PM
Bill Gutknecht

Default 2003 Odyssey Hesitation

I've been having trouble with this van since we got it 2 years ago, and
it's getting worse. It seems
that around 40 and 60 mph, when we are just light on the accelerator to
maintain constant speed,
the tran almost seems like it slips to neutral. RPMs drop to idle and
we slow down. Applying gas
corrects the problem. This has been a day-one problem and we've never
been able to get the
dealer to reproduce it during waranty period, and now we are over.

Any suggestions?

Thx.
Bill
Old October 7th 04, 04:23 PM
E. Meyer

On 10/7/04 8:47 AM, in article
, "Bill Gutknecht"
> wrote:

> I've been having trouble with this van since we got it 2 years ago, and
> it's getting worse. It seems
> that around 40 and 60 mph, when we are just light on the accelerator to
> maintain constant speed,
> the tran almost seems like it slips to neutral. RPMs drop to idle and
> we slow down. Applying gas
> corrects the problem. This has been a day-one problem and we've never
> been able to get the
> dealer to reproduce it during waranty period, and now we are over.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thx.
> Bill

What does it do if the cruise control is working the pedal in that
situation?

Old October 7th 04, 06:33 PM
Bill Gutknecht

E. Meyer wrote:

>On 10/7/04 8:47 AM, in article
m, "Bill Gutknecht"
> wrote:
>

>>I've been having trouble with this van since we got it 2 years ago, and
>>it's getting worse. It seems
>>that around 40 and 60 mph, when we are just light on the accelerator to
>>maintain constant speed,
>>the tran almost seems like it slips to neutral. RPMs drop to idle and
>>we slow down. Applying gas
>>corrects the problem. This has been a day-one problem and we've never
>>been able to get the
>>dealer to reproduce it during waranty period, and now we are over.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>Thx.
>>Bill
>>

>What does it do if the cruise control is working the pedal in that
>situation?

I haven't noticed the problem w/ cruise control on ... but I will try it.

Old October 7th 04, 10:40 PM
Honda Doc

The problem is a bad EGR valve. Tell your dealer to read sevice bulletin
04-029 for the proper fix.

. com...

Old October 8th 04, 12:35 AM
Bill Gutknecht

Honda Doc wrote:

>The problem is a bad EGR valve. Tell your dealer to read sevice bulletin
>04-029 for the proper fix.
>

>"Bill Gutknecht" > wrote in message
.com...

>>I've been having trouble with this van since we got it 2 years ago, and
>>it's getting worse. It seems
>>that around 40 and 60 mph, when we are just light on the accelerator to
>>maintain constant speed,
>>the tran almost seems like it slips to neutral. RPMs drop to idle and
>>we slow down. Applying gas
>>corrects the problem. This has been a day-one problem and we've never
>>been able to get the
>>dealer to reproduce it during waranty period, and now we are over.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>Thx.
>>Bill

Thank you very much! Do you know when this bulletin was released?

Old October 8th 04, 10:51 PM
Honda Doc

The bulletin is dated September 3rd 2004, but we've been doing this repair
at our dealership for several months now.

Old October 9th 04, 02:50 AM
Chip Stein

"Honda Doc" > wrote in message >...
> The bulletin is dated September 3rd 2004, but we've been doing this repair
> at our dealership for several months now.

i found my first one back when the pilots came out in 02. took
a little patience watching the data stream while driving.
if you want you can unplug the egr valve and drive it, the
problem should go away. it will set a code and turn on the mil though.
but it's easier than graphing a data stream.
Chip

2003 A4 1.8TQ power hesitation Chuck Audi 0 December 17th 04 02:16 AM
oil used in 2003 A4 Bob Navarro Audi 9 November 11th 04 10:54 PM
2003 Accord power lock problem Steve Driska Honda 0 September 26th 04 04:02 AM