missing wheel nut adaptors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 16th 04, 11:39 AM
John Brunt

Default missing wheel nut adaptors

I purchased a brand new Alfa 147 jtd lusso 14 months ago. Last weekend my
boyfriend said I could do with the wheels rotating as the fronts are now
worn.

Upon lifting the carpet in the hatch (for the first time)and getting the
jack out he noticed that there was no security wheel nut bolts.....so we
cant even change a wheel in the event of a puncture.

I contacted the dealer who said he would get back to either myself or my
boyfriend....he didn't.

They have now sent me a letter stating that they have spoken with Lythgoe
Alfa Romeo dealership and they have advised that this tool cannot be
supplied to me free of charge as the vehicle was sold approximately fourteen
months ago, in which time an issue like this would have been noticed earlier
by the owner.

As the owner, I can assure them that I did not notice it was missing until I
needed it.

I have been advised that it may not even be as simple as obtaining the
missing tool, I may have to have the existing nuts broken off and new ones
fitted for which the dealer I purchased my car from feels I am laible for.
I find it amazing that you can pay £17,000 for a car and not have the tools
necessary to remove the wheels.

Could you please give me any advice on this problem.

Mandy Edwards.