98 Honda Civic Roof Wiring Colors

Old August 26th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Guildford30

Default 98 Honda Civic Roof Wiring Colors

I have a 98 Honda Civic with moonroof and trying to install a powerered
auto dimming / compass mirror. I took out the interior trim of the left
front pillar and see a bunch of wires. Most wires are about 16 gauge, I
have noted the ones that are thicker. They are colored

Yellow
Yellow with Red Stripe (14 gauge)
White with Red Stripe
Green with Red Stripe (14 gauge)
Aqua / teal with Red Stripe
Green with Yellow Stripe
Blue
Black (12 gauge)

I need ground, ignition on(or accessory, but prefer ignition), and
constant on wires. I'm thinking black is ground, and constant on I can
just tap from the map lights. Any ideas which one would be the ignition
on wires?

Old August 26th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Greg[_5_]

Looking at the service manual, the white/red is the constant on, and
the black is the ground. Your requirement for ignition on is a bit more
complicated because the rest of the wires operate the moonroof and the
ceiling light. There does not appear to be a single wire for ignition
on (e.g., yellow is ignition on when the moonroof is opening).

I think your best bet is to run your own ignition on wire from under
the dash. Maybe someone else will have a better idea, but I don't think
it would be too hard to run a new wire up and around the pillar.