1973 Vette, 3k original miles!!

Old August 14th 04, 07:58 AM
Luis

Default 1973 Vette, 3k original miles!!

I have a 1973 Stingray, 454, T-top, 3K original miles!
My uncle has asked me to sell it for him. He's about to
go into a senior home and has no room for the vette.
He is the original owner.

I have no idea how much a car like this is worth.
Can some one please give me some feed back.

Thanks

Luis
Old August 14th 04, 05:46 PM
ken

Would you like me to put you in touch with an auto appraiser I
know?..Rick works out of Sacto, comes to the Bay Area once in a while.
I'm in San Leandro about 40 miles from you...ken

He'll charge you something, don't know how much, and should be able to
direct you to the best sales sites around Northern Cal

Old August 14th 04, 10:00 PM
Diode

ZombyWoof spoke thusly...

> you might want to contact the folks from Barrett Jackson

3K may be too many miles for Barrett-Jackson 8^) Besides, if it becomes
a B-J car, it will sit in collector garages for years instead of being
driven. Nice find, huh? This is the stuff legends are made of. Should
bring a good buck...

--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
Old August 15th 04, 03:51 AM
Dad

"Diode" > wrote in message
. net...
> ZombyWoof spoke thusly...
>
> > you might want to contact the folks from Barrett Jackson
> >

> 3K may be too many miles for Barrett-Jackson 8^) Besides, if it becomes
> a B-J car, it will sit in collector garages for years instead of being
> driven. Nice find, huh? This is the stuff legends are made of. Should
> bring a good buck...
>
> --
> -|>|- Diode -|<|-
> '68 L-79 Coupe
> '79 Triumph Bonneville
> Shut up, dave.
> Professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt.
> Actual mileage may vary.

Actually I think this is the thing that trolls are made of.
Doubt this story very strongly. Black interior was available in
every color that year, so why special order it? Nobody
I know runs a Corvette through the gears with it up on
blocks. Can you just hear those universals. If you really
want some honest feed back you would give a more detailed
description of the car for one thing, another is most people
trying to get info would at the very least tell what transmission it has.

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 15th 04, 04:44 AM
RWDoyle

I would have to agree, Dad. Imagine how much time would be spent putting
2000 miles on a car sitting on blocks. At 60 MPH that's 33 hours. I've
never heard of such a thing.

Ryan

Old August 15th 04, 06:27 PM
Diode

Dad spoke thusly...
> Nobody
> I know runs a Corvette through the gears with it up on
> blocks. Can you just hear those universals. If you really

You're right...I forgot that you can't run the car with the rear wheels
hanging down. Unless of course, they put blocks under the strut/shock
mount as well.