reading codes on 93 Civic 1.5

Old January 7th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Default reading codes on 93 Civic 1.5

"Robert Reynolds" > wrote
> Elle wrote:
>> "Robert Reynolds" > wrote
>>> Thanks for the info. By the way, how do you read codes
>>> on this car? Do you have to get a Honda-specific
>>> scanner?

>> I am pretty sure it's like my 91 Civic: Codes are read
>> directly at the ECU via blinking flashing lights. See
>> http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...sk301/6-74.pdf
>> for help. It's not difficult. No special scanner or other
>> tool is required.
>>
>> The ECU is located under the front passenger footwell
>> mat.

> That's a funny place to put it.
>
> I haven't bothered to get a shop manual for this car yet,
> because I've never had any trouble with it. It's a great
> car. Everything is laid out so conveniently I didn't even
> need to look at a book when I changed the timing belt and
> water pump at 100,000 miles. It took me about an hour. I
> really love this car.

I can't do these in an hour, but I do them handily,
leisurely and carefully within about two days (subsequent to
many tips from this newsgroup and a good manual).

I get a kick out of maintaining my 91 Civic as well. It's a
huge reason why I do not go out and buy a new one or a more
recent used one.

Old January 7th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Robert Reynolds

Elle wrote:

> I get a kick out of maintaining my 91 Civic as well. It's a
> huge reason why I do not go out and buy a new one or a more
> recent used one.

We have had this car for about 8 months, and have had dozens of people
offering to buy it. I always wonder why manufacturers stop making such
successful designs. If they were to make this car again without
changing anything, they'd sell thousands of them. I'm not impressed
with the newer cars. Big stupid wheels on a stupidly tall car, less gas
mileage, and way to ostentatious. Ditto for my brother in law's new
Camry. It just looks ridiculous next to his ten year old Camry.
Old January 10th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Jan 7, 3:07*pm, Robert Reynolds > wrote:
> Elle wrote:
> We have had this car for about 8 months, and have had dozens of people
> offering to buy it. *I always wonder why manufacturers stop making such
> successful designs. *If they were to make this car again without
> changing anything, they'd sell thousands of them. *I'm not impressed
> with the newer cars. *Big stupid wheels on a stupidly tall car, less gas
> mileage, and way to ostentatious. *Ditto for my brother in law's new
> Camry. *It just looks ridiculous next to his ten year old Camry.

I agree. I've got a 92 and a 93 for my wife. It sounds like we have
the same problem. I just started a thread yesterday and just now
flipped back and found yours. If you get yours solved, let me know.
FYI, grab a Haynes for $20. It's not perfect but will get you thru
most things, like checking codes. (jump the small 2 pin connecter
under your glove box, right side, pull it out of the green rubber
case, then watch CEL flash)

By the way, I also had an 89 Accord a few years back. Ran it to
450,000 km and drove it to the wrecker.

Reading OBD Codes, 2002 Ranger V6 Term Limits Now Technology 2 December 8th 07 05:26 PM
question concerning reading codes..... Gerry Pierce Ford Mustang 4 February 14th 06 06:23 AM
reading codes... Brian Technology 7 November 11th 05 03:22 PM
Reading PCM Error Codes on 2001 Neon Rick Chrysler 2 June 12th 05 10:51 PM
Question about reading computer codes on 89 Honda Accord Dan Ritter Technology 1 February 1st 05 11:30 PM