Forza

Old May 5th 05, 03:41 PM

Default Forza

Hi, I Bought Forza Motorsports yesterday and it is on hell of a video
game. It is the best game that i have ever played. I bought it last
night.

Old May 5th 05, 07:19 PM

It has the best version of Road Atlanta I've seen in a video game. The
only downside is the steering wheel issue. This game is begging for a
high quality wheel, and I don't want to spend $150 on a wheel that does
not support true force feedback and will be obsolete in 9 months.

The best part of this game... It has AI. Do you hear that Polyphony?
That's AI. The computer cars actually acknowledge your presence on the
road. Novel concept I know, but maybe something you'll find room for
in GT5. I think Polyphony has been promising AI in the GT series for
as long as the West Brothers have promised to deliver, well, anything
at all.

Old May 6th 05, 01:19 AM
Groo the Wanderer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, I Bought Forza Motorsports yesterday and it is on hell of a video
> game. It is the best game that i have ever played. I bought it last
> night.

Are you playing with a steering wheel or the joypad?

Old May 6th 05, 02:03 AM
Joe62

" > wrote:

>It has the best version of Road Atlanta I've seen in a video game.

I LOVE this track in this game. Really shows off the AI too ... you
can use real racing techniques like over-braking on the long downhill
straight, letting the AI pass you on the inside going in hot, then
nick past them in the chicane and out-accelerate them. Nice.

>The best part of this game... It has AI. Do you hear that Polyphony?
>That's AI. The computer cars actually acknowledge your presence on the
>road. Novel concept I know, but maybe something you'll find room for
>in GT5. I think Polyphony has been promising AI in the GT series for
>as long as the West Brothers have promised to deliver, well, anything
>at all.

That, and the damage model really add up to a racing sim (where GT4 is
only a driving sim ... got nothing to do with *racing.*)

Furthermore, the Forza driving physics are better. Much better. You
really have to think about braking, and carefully work the analog
brake/gas. This is easily the closest thing to a PC-quality driving
sim ever to hit the console market ... with gameplay that, as you
point out, is way better than anything Polyphony's ever done. Very
impressive piece of work.

Joe62
Old May 6th 05, 11:32 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Fri, 06 May 2005 01:03:13 GMT, Joe62 wrote:

> That, and the damage model really add up to a racing sim (where GT4 is
> only a driving sim ... got nothing to do with *racing.*)

I heard that some virtual competition is taking place alongside the
24h race this weekend, apparently using GT4 as Sony is some kind of
sponsor. I wonder how they'll simulate a 24h race if GT4 doesn't
support "racing"?

cheers, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old May 6th 05, 05:37 PM
Joe62

On Fri, 6 May 2005 12:32:02 +0200, Uwe Schürkamp
> wrote:

>sponsor. I wonder how they'll simulate a 24h race if GT4 doesn't
>support "racing"?

I believe GT4 supports local-area network play. So with a collection
of human drivers, and a good force-feedback wheel setup, you could
have a great race ecperience there.
Old May 6th 05, 06:21 PM
schooner

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/automot...043197,00.html