how to install tail light on a legacy

Old September 7th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default how to install tail light on a legacy

Hi,
I broke all the plastic out of my taillights on the passenger side, I
bought the replacement piece but can't for the life of me figure out
how to put it on...is there something in the trunk that I need to
remove???
thanks for any help
Laura drew
96 legacy wagon subaru

Old September 8th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
> I broke all the plastic out of my taillights on the passenger side, I
> bought the replacement piece but can't for the life of me figure out
> how to put it on...is there something in the trunk that I need to
> remove???
> thanks for any help
> Laura drew
> 96 legacy wagon subaru

I dont know anything about the Legacy, but I can tell you that many times
you
have to access the taillight fixture from inside the car. On older cars
there were
often external screws that made replacement of bulbs and lenses easy, but
now
rear access is more traditional.

You may have to remove some nuts from studs and remove the fixture so that
you can replace the lens.

Old September 9th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Knifeblade_03[_35_]

http://tinyurl.com/hz8rl

This may help.

--
Knifeblade_03
Knifeblade_03's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=262826

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Tail light bad connection? e46 weng94 BMW 3 April 10th 06 10:45 PM
Mopar Oil Filter Number(s) do not spam Chrysler 3 January 7th 06 02:18 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
tail light guard installation instructions [email protected] Jeep 1 February 12th 05 09:51 PM
Chevy Blazer Broken/Stuck Bulb in Rear Right Tail Light Spiderman 4x4 10 November 30th 04 02:03 AM