Z4 question for novel I'm writing

Old August 6th 06, 11:52 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

Default Z4 question for novel I'm writing

Hey -- I'm writing a piece of fiction, and in it, an '06 Z4 is involved
in an accident. I was about to have a piece of evidence left behind at
the scene -- a piece of the turn-signal lens -- but it occurred to me
that I'd better make sure that's practical. Could it happen?

What I mean is, I know some lower-end cars have an amber plastic
turnsignal lens that could easily shatter in an accident. What about
the 06 Z4? Is there ANYTHING on the front end of the car that might
get left behind at an accident scene (hit-and-run) that could be traced
back to the make and model?

Many thanks!

Old August 7th 06, 09:45 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Carl Frisk

There's a knockout plug on the front end that would provide a paint match. There is also the grill or in this case
piece thereof. Or on each side there is also the roundel light. The foglight lens is pretty unique to the Z4 also, I
think.

I just got my Z4 and accidents aren't really what I'm thinking about. Shudder - why not wreck a Boxter instead?

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

Old August 7th 06, 12:00 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Ken[_6_]

Thanks for the suggestions.. The knockout plug should do it. But a
coupla follow-up questions:

What's the knockout plug made of?
About how big is it?
And, uh, what's the knockout plug covering up?

Many thanks!
Ken

Old August 7th 06, 02:05 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Sam Smith

"Ken" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks for the suggestions.. The knockout plug should do it. But a
> coupla follow-up questions:
>
> What's the knockout plug made of?

Plastic

> About how big is it?

About an inch.

> And, uh, what's the knockout plug covering up?

Same thing it does on all cars - the towing eye.

---
Sam

Old August 7th 06, 04:49 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Rex B[_1_]

Sam Smith wrote:
> "Ken" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Thanks for the suggestions.. The knockout plug should do it. But a
>> coupla follow-up questions:
>>
>> What's the knockout plug made of?

> Plastic
>
>> About how big is it?

> About an inch.
>
>> And, uh, what's the knockout plug covering up?

> Same thing it does on all cars - the towing eye.

More specifically, it covers a threaded hole into which the towing eye
(from the toolkit) can be turned.

2005 Mustang Fog Light Question Craig Shaffer Ford Mustang 2 June 23rd 06 06:24 PM
1993 Saturn Fuel Filter Question OHC (SOHC)? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 21st 06 08:39 PM
Ignorant question. Jeepers Jeep 9 January 15th 05 06:42 AM
93 SL1 Valve Body - Question Gary Compton Saturn 3 September 3rd 04 05:58 PM