Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec

Old November 17th 04, 01:23 AM
James C. Reeves

"linda" > wrote in message

| i know, i keep telling people that and i almost get into fights!!!!!
| can you believe that THE DUKE was gay..

So they weren't kidding when they referred to him as "a man's man"!

Just curious. How did all of these people achieve such great and productive
ends if discrimination was anywhere near the level claimed. In the 1970's, I
knew Elton John was gay even then. I bought his record albums and attended his
concerts anyway. So did everyone I knew. I'm sure some discrimination exists.
90% of it is made up though, in my opinion.

Old November 17th 04, 01:23 AM
James C. Reeves

Old November 17th 04, 02:36 AM
Bill Putney

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>>Is that the same APA that published a "scientific" study that said that
>>>it was found that pediphilia did not harm children who experienced it
>>>Bill Putney

>>Honestly, i did not know that.

> You still don't. You have Bill's assertion that it happened; let's see if
> he can back up his claim by producing the study.

All you have to do is a Google search of this very news group a year or
two ago where I documented it from the APA's own web site complete with
links to the study and their on-line newsletter where they denounced
what they had published in the midst of public pressure (they may have
purged both from their web site by now - haven't checked). It was about
the same time I documented the UN signing agreements back in the mid
90's with the international gay organizations to support NAMBLA and
encourage pedophilia around the world and where the U.S. Congress passed
a bill refusing to pay their U.N. dues until those arrangements were
broken (documented in the Congressional record).

So, the documentation is provided, but it still won't make any
difference, will it.

>>i really don't think linking the two together is fair or honest, or
>>objective.

> Of course it's not,

Nor is saying that I linked the two honest. My point was that the APA
has it's own agenda on the subject of sexuality - gay, pedophilic, you
name it. If you want to therefore call the APA a link between pro-gay
and pro-pedophilic points of view, then go ahead. Linda introduced the
APA into the discussion. I was just shedding a little light on the APA
and its pseudo-scientific leanings.

but Bill's belief on the subject is that there is only
> one real kind of human sexuality (heterosexual) and anything else is
> simply a behavioral choice or a mental disorder or an otherwise "broken"
> heterosexual.
>

>>I just stand by my belief (regardless of the scientific evidence for and
>>against) that there are things we cannot choose, cannot change.

Well then why elsewhere are you so concerned with presenting so-called
scientific support for your pre-determined conclusions?

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 17th 04, 02:36 AM
Bill Putney

Old November 17th 04, 02:45 AM
Bill Putney

linda wrote:

> Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>> Honestly, i did not know that.

>> You still don't. You have Bill's assertion that it happened; let's see if
>> he can back up his claim by producing the study.
>>

> this backs up Ted's theory that i believe all that i read... sorry....

Yet it's documented. But that won't be acknowledged.

>>> i really don't think linking the two together is fair or honest, or
>>> objective.

>> Of course it's not, but Bill's belief on the subject is that there is
>> only
>> one real kind of human sexuality (heterosexual) and anything else is
>> simply a behavioral choice or a mental disorder or an otherwise "broken"
>> heterosexual.

So we jump from the biases of the APA to your assertions of my beliefs -
nice try. Shell game.

> BILL!!!! WAKE UP!!!SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!!!!

But you do believe everything Daniel says. By the way did you check out
the links on APA? The truth is that it's documented; the lie is that I
made it up and simply asserted it like Daniel is suggesting, but that
won't matter because it doesn't support what you want to believe. I'm
smelling the coffee just fine.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 17th 04, 02:45 AM
Bill Putney

Old November 17th 04, 02:54 AM
Bill Putney

James C. Reeves wrote:

> "linda" > wrote in message
> |
> | i know, i keep telling people that and i almost get into fights!!!!!
> | can you believe that THE DUKE was gay..
>
> So they weren't kidding when they referred to him as "a man's man"!
>
> Just curious. How did all of these people achieve such great and productive
> ends if discrimination was anywhere near the level claimed. In the 1970's, I
> knew Elton John was gay even then. I bought his record albums and attended his
> concerts anyway. So did everyone I knew. I'm sure some discrimination exists.
> 90% of it is made up though, in my opinion.

Yes - I must confess: Yellow Brick Road is a great album, and "Funeral
for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" is/are his best song/songs (and "Benny
and the Jets" is his worst song ever), and was the first album I
downloaded when I registered on i-tunes event hough I already own the
vinyl. Went to his concert in mid-70's. And please don't tell anyone,
but I kind of like some of David Bowie's stuff (meaning songs) too.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 17th 04, 02:54 AM
Bill Putney

Old November 17th 04, 03:47 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Bill Putney wrote:

>>> Honestly, i did not know that.

>> You still don't. You have Bill's assertion that it happened; let's
>> see if he can back up his claim by producing the study.

> Yet it's documented. But that won't be acknowledged.

Well, certainly it won't be acknowledged until you show us where you found
that documentation. The assertion wasn't documented in your post, so for
now it's just your assertion.

DS
Old November 17th 04, 03:47 AM
Daniel J. Stern