Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec

Old November 16th 04, 03:01 PM
linda

Bill Putney wrote:
> linda wrote:
>

>> The American Psychological Association issued a warning on August 14,
>> 1997, against the "psychological terrorism" of the Ex-Gay "reparative
>> therapy" movement, which the APA said reveals an "intense bias against
>> gay people."

> Is that the same APA that published a "scientific" study that said that
> it was found that pediphilia did not harm children who experienced it,
> and later denounced same after (and only after) those in the scientific
> community and the public raised a big stink about the pseudo science
> that they were promoting for political reasons? Why yes - I believe it
> was the very same APA.
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

> News==----
> Newsgroups

Honestly, i did not know that.. Ask a victim of pedophilia if it
affected them (from personal experience, i can tell you that i am not
sure if it changed me, because i don't know how i would be if it hadn't
happened). ask a gay person if they can change. Ask those who are gay,
if they have a choice... i really don't think linking the two together
is fair or honest, or objective. There are serious issues out there
about the dangers and damage of the ex-gay reparative therapy.
Like i told Ted, we can cuss/discuss issues on both sides forever. I
just stand by my belief (regardless of the scientific evidence for and
against) that there are things we cannot choose, cannot change. i wish
i could go back to my blond hair, instead of gray. i wish i wouldn't
grow older, but i am.. i wish i could lift 100lbs again, but i can't.
i wish i could change a lot of things, but by nature, genes, biology,
environment, i can't.
our science is constantly changing, new things are being discovered,
newer ways of discovery, what once was ok, is not now... wishy washy?
perhaps..science is not perfect, but we are growing and getting better
and it seems to me that you are still "under your desk during the 50's"
mindset. i am just a concerned friend that my friends both gay and not
gay, are not going to be treated fairly. i will fight for your right to
believe in what you believe, and i would hope you would do the same for
me...

linda (waiting for the next boom!!!!!)

Old November 16th 04, 03:01 PM
linda

Old November 16th 04, 04:11 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Are we being inconsistent here?

DAS
---

"linda" > wrote in message
[...]
> I just stand by my belief (regardless of the scientific evidence for and
> against) that there are things we cannot choose, cannot change. i wish
> [...]
> new things are being discovered, newer ways of discovery, what once was
> ok, is not now... wishy washy? perhaps..science is not perfect, but we are
> growing and getting better

[...]

Old November 16th 04, 04:11 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Are we being inconsistent here?

DAS
---

"linda" > wrote in message
[...]
> I just stand by my belief (regardless of the scientific evidence for and
> against) that there are things we cannot choose, cannot change. i wish
> [...]
> new things are being discovered, newer ways of discovery, what once was
> ok, is not now... wishy washy? perhaps..science is not perfect, but we are
> growing and getting better

[...]

Old November 16th 04, 04:18 PM
linda

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> Are we being inconsistent here?
>
> DAS

i don't think i am being inconsistent here, i think i am better informed
now than when i started. i am allowed that, but my beliefs are still
the same, regardless of the inconsistencies of reporting, scientific
evidence....

are we being catty, here? meow... :-)

Old November 16th 04, 04:18 PM
linda

Old November 16th 04, 08:24 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, linda wrote:

> Bill Putney wrote:

> >> The American Psychological Association issued a warning on August 14,
> >> 1997, against the "psychological terrorism" of the Ex-Gay "reparative
> >> therapy" movement, which the APA said reveals an "intense bias against
> >> gay people."

> > Is that the same APA that published a "scientific" study that said that
> > it was found that pediphilia did not harm children who experienced it
> > Bill Putney

> Honestly, i did not know that.

You still don't. You have Bill's assertion that it happened; let's see if
he can back up his claim by producing the study.

> i really don't think linking the two together is fair or honest, or
> objective.

Of course it's not, but Bill's belief on the subject is that there is only
one real kind of human sexuality (heterosexual) and anything else is
simply a behavioral choice or a mental disorder or an otherwise "broken"
heterosexual.

> I just stand by my belief (regardless of the scientific evidence for and
> against) that there are things we cannot choose, cannot change.

"Can they change?" is one question. "If they can change, should they?" is
another.

> i wish i could go back to my blond hair, instead of gray. i wish i
> wouldn't grow older, but i am.. i wish i could lift 100lbs again, but i
> can't. i wish i could change a lot of things, but by nature, genes,
> biology, environment, i can't.

Yeah, well, you know. Big noses, small noses. Red hair, black hair, brown
hair, blond hair, straight hair, curly hair. China-white skin,
chocolate-brown skin, and every shade in between. Big, small, round and
slanted eyes of blue, hazel, brown, black. Heights from 4 feet to 7 feet.
Weights from "will blow away in a stiff breeze" to 400 pounds. Shoe sizes
from 4A to 14EEE. Breast sizes from "flat" to "Dolly Parton". Varying
talent in math, language, music, science, athletics, art. Fondness for
edible-pod peas, hatred of brussels sprouts. All of these variations in
humanity, and thousands more, are perfectly OK because "we are all made in
God's image".

Sexuality? Nope. No variance. One kind only.

Does that make sense to you? Not to me.

Old November 16th 04, 08:24 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 16th 04, 08:27 PM
linda

Big Bill wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:05:01 GMT, Sparky > wrote:
>

>>Big Bill wrote:

>>>So you don't think what I say is right?
>>>Have you watched TV lately?

>>Some. I think you're confusing fiction with reality.

> So you think they aren't making these shows and commercials?
> *That* would be fiction.
> The reality is that these shows and commercials *are* being made and
> shown.
>
>>Are you saying adult white guys *aren't* running things across the USA?

> Where are you getting this? You* do* realize that, despite the
> descrimination against them, gays are productive members of society,
> don't you?
> No where am I saying that white males aren't doing anything. I'm
> saying they are being discriminated against.
>
> Bill Funk
> Change "g" to "a"

Bill, being a white female from the south, that argument won't fly with
me... i would have to disagree just based on my experience.. nothing
scientific... just my own personal experience...

Gays are and have always been productive members of society. to name a few:

Leonardo da Vinci (artist, inventor)
Samuel Barber (composer)
Gian Carlo Menotti (composer)
Raymond Burr (actor, philanthropist) (NO!!!! Not Perry Mason!!!! i
thought he was always in love with Della!!!! :-( ) :-)
Amelia Earhart - Aviator, Explorer
Michelangelo - (1475 - 1564) Sculptor, Artist, Architect, Poet
Harvey Milk - (1930 - 1978) First openly gay official elected in the US
Plato - (427? - 347 B.C.) Philosopher
Pope Benedict IX - (1020 - 1055) Roman Catholic Pope
Pope John XII - (937 - 964) Roman Catholic Pope
Pope Julius III - (1487 - 1555) Roman Catholic Pope
Pope Leo X - (1475 - 1521) Roman Catholic Pope
Pope Paul II - (1417 - 1471) Roman Catholic Pope
Pope Sixtus IV - (1414 - 1484) Roman Catholic Pope
Richard the Lionheart - King of England
Cole Porter - (1893 - 1964) Composer
Gore Vidal (statesman, author, actor)
Old November 16th 04, 08:27 PM