Stickers

Old May 15th 05, 03:33 PM
Chris Silveroli

Default Stickers

What's the best way to take off a sticker that those dealerships put on
a car?
Old May 15th 05, 03:40 PM
XS11E

Chris Silveroli > wrote in:

> What's the best way to take off a sticker that those dealerships
> put on a car?

First, try using a hair dryer to heat up the sticker and the area
around it, that works for many of them.

Old May 15th 05, 05:10 PM
Red

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:33:29 GMT, Chris Silveroli >
wrote in news:Z4Jhe.5591$4d6.4999@trndny04:

> What's the best way to take off a sticker that those dealerships put on
> a car?

As already pointed out, low heat and sharp fingernails.

Follow with alcohol to remove the residual glue.

Old May 15th 05, 06:17 PM
Iva

"Chris Silveroli" > wrote in message
> What's the best way to take off a sticker that those

dealerships put on
> a car?

Goo-Gone. Available at most auto parts stores and department
stores.

Make sure to clean and re-wax afterwards.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old May 17th 05, 04:42 AM
Chuck

Send the dealer a bill for advertizing.

Old May 17th 05, 04:49 AM
South Ocean Drive

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> Send the dealer a bill for advertizing.
> "Chris Silveroli" > wrote in message
>> What's the best way to take off a sticker that those dealerships put on a
>> car?

I insisted the dealer remove the sticker from the car before driving it off
the lot, as well as removing the dealer's license plate frame.

And, as I stood there in my Izod-branded shirt, Nike-branded shorts and
Puma-branded shoes, I told them in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't
advertise for them!

Old May 17th 05, 06:30 PM
Armon Tanzerian

WD-40 and a razor blade work great.

Old May 17th 05, 07:55 PM
Red

On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:30:36 GMT, "Armon Tanzerian" > wrote
in news:1Tpie.5$jp.1@fed1read03:

> WD-40 and a razor blade work great.

Steel will take away the finish and leave scratches.

Nevermind the consequences of a mistake.

Old May 17th 05, 08:17 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-05-17, Armon Tanzerian > wrote:

> WD-40 and a razor blade work great.

You'd scrape your painted surfaces with a razor blade?!?!

[Isn't there somebody we can call to have his car put in
protective custody?]

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! What PROGRAM are
at they watching?
Old May 18th 05, 03:24 AM
Armon Tanzerian

You'd scrape your FACE with a razor blade ???

You spray the WD-40 around the sticker to lube the blade, and to loosen the
glue.. then you work the blade between the sticker and the paint, working
slowly, and adding WD as you go.

It works great. I've taken off dozens of stickers from cars / boats /
jetskis, etc and haven't scratched any of them

BTW, I used to own a vinyl sign shop and that's how we removed old lettering
from trucks / vans, etc.. YMMV!

cheers!