USB wheel problem in games!

Old June 20th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default USB wheel problem in games!

Hi,

I used to play NFSMW with my Logitech Wheel and Pedals. I haven't played
the game in a while, but not I got it working on my 32" tv-screen -
really cool by the way. The USB cable from my wheel isn't long enough to
reach the computer from where my tv is placed. I therefor bought a 5m
USB-booster (active extension cable with signal amplification) and
plugged my wheel into that. The booster can be found he

http://www.sandberg.it/worldwide/prod.asp?prod=133-28

Windows detects the wheel without problems. If I go into the properties
for the wheel I can see test that all controls work (pedels and all the
buttons plus the wheel itself). But when I'm in NFSMW, the controls are
not working correctly. The pedals aren't responding, the button that
used to be the Nitro button suddenly is Reverse etc. Only button that's
the same is the "Enter key or Click button".

Unfortunately, I don't have any other games to test with, since I pretty
much only plays NFSMW. But since Windows detects the wheel and
detects all controls (buttons + pedals) I would suspect that everything
should work in NFSMW also. Or am I missing something here?

What is wrong with my system?

Anders
Old June 23rd 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Try resetting the game controls in the game's configuration screen.