removing the starter from a 2000 explorer

Old August 9th 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
trixluck

Default removing the starter from a 2000 explorer

anyone successfully done this, or know where i can find a diagram or
something online for this thing? in trying to save money, we are
replacing our starter ourselves. weve unbolted it but we cant wedge it
out. ive looked all over the internet, but i cant find anything.

thanks.
Old August 10th 09, 07:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:11:21 -0700 (PDT), trixluck
> wrote:

>anyone successfully done this, or know where i can find a diagram or
>something online for this thing? in trying to save money, we are
>replacing our starter ourselves. weve unbolted it but we cant wedge it
>out. ive looked all over the internet, but i cant find anything.
>
>thanks.

Sometimes you just have to keep trying different positions and angles
till you get the right one and starters slip right thru. I've had a
couple cars like that - seemed like there was NO WAY to get the
starter out but after rotating and turning it every which way I found
a way that worked.
Old August 11th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
trixluck

> Sometimes you just have to keep trying different positions and angles
> till you get the right one and starters slip right thru. *I've had a
> couple cars like that - seemed like there was NO WAY to get the
> starter out but after rotating and turning it every which way I found
> a way that worked.

Thank you. That gives us some hope.
Old August 20th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
trixluck

we finally got it out, thanks again!