Parting out 1992 Ford Explorer

Old October 6th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Tim Schoell

Default Parting out 1992 Ford Explorer

I am parting out a 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4. I have many good parts. The
interior is very clean. The body is in very good condition. Parts from
this will fit the 91-94 model year explorers, and some parts will also
fit the rangers from the same years.

I live in Omaha, NE, so there will be some shipping involved if you
don't live locally.
Old October 7th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
TonyG

I have to think about it a little more - but right off the bat I'm
looking for several things:

1 - The center inserts for the aluminum wheels, if you have those
they're in very good shape. A couple of mine are scuffed up. Some
extras would be good anyway in case I lose one. They are impossible to
find. Even the replacement rims don't come with them.
2 - Rear subwoofer speaker for JBL system. Most of these have rotted
out by now. But who knows.
3 - A strip of the mocha body tape, if you have mocha interior. I
scratched a section of mine and was thinking maybe it would come off
easily and a new section reattached. It could be any or all section,
but it's the left side hatch section that is damaged on mine.
4 - One or both of the little screws that hold the plastic cover in
place on the top of the engine. I dropped one once and can't find it.
I like to reinstall the original, as silly as that sounds. Obviously,
not worth sending that by itself :O) That may be available in a parts
stores, though.
5 - Leather zipper pouch that the vehicle manual came in (I left mine
on top of a Dumpster while using the manual and the garbage truck
came!)
6 - Maybe one of the 5-spoke aluminum rims. I could mount the spare on
it. But it might be too difficult to ship, and might now be worth it
if it's beat up.

I'll think about it some more.

Thanks.

Regards,,
Anthony Giorgianni

For everyone's benefit, please post back to the group

Old October 8th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Tim Schoell

I already sold the rims with the center caps. My interior is red. I'll
have to double check to see if mine has the JBL audio and get back to
you. I'll also look to see if I have the manual pouch.

Tim

Old October 8th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Ummmmmm this might sound a little...... a little ....... let's say
"odd".....

If am going to make an offer to purchase <something> or <anythjing>... the
last thing I am going to say is "this is impossible to find". Are you
nucking futs? I can't find these... please overcharge me if you can find
them.....

Pardon me.... I'm having a lucid moment.

Old October 11th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
TonyG

Thanks Tim

I actually did find the center caps new online (don't know if $35
each it's worth it for a vehicle that old.)

Regards,,
Anthony Giorgianni

For everyone's benefit, please post back to the groupOn Oct 7,

Old October 11th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
TonyG

No, Jim, because I'm not in any desperate need for them and have an
ida how much I'd pay. I did find them though new since I posted. My be
better to see if there's any way shine them up though. It's just that
they're scuffed. One got a little dent when it came back from the
dealership. This dealer doesnt seem to care about anything.

11:38*pm, "Jim Warman" > wrote:
> Ummmmmm this might sound a little...... a little ....... let's say
> "odd".....
>
> If am going to make an offer to purchase <something> or <anythjing>... the
> last thing I am going to say is "this is impossible to find". Are you
> nucking futs? I can't find these... please overcharge me if you can find
> them.....
>
> Pardon me.... I'm having a lucid moment.
>
> "TonyG" > wrote in message

> I have to think about it a little more - but right off the bat I'm
> looking for several things:
>
> 1 - The center inserts for the aluminum wheels, if you have those
> they're in very good shape. A couple of mine are scuffed up. Some
> extras would be good anyway in case I lose one. They are impossible to
> find. Even the replacement rims don't come with them.
> 2 - Rear subwoofer speaker for JBL system. Most of these have rotted
> out by now. But who knows.
> 3 - A strip of the mocha body tape, if you have mocha interior. I
> scratched a section of mine and was thinking maybe it would come off
> easily and a new section reattached. It could be any or all section,
> but it's the left side hatch section that is damaged on mine.
> 4 - One or both of the little screws that hold the plastic cover in
> place on the top of the engine. I dropped one once and can't find it.
> I like to reinstall the original, as silly as that sounds. Obviously,
> not worth sending that by itself :O) That may be available in a parts
> stores, though.
> 5 - Leather zipper pouch that the vehicle manual came in (I left mine
> on top of a Dumpster while using the manual and the garbage truck
> came!)
> 6 - Maybe one of the 5-spoke aluminum rims. I could mount the spare on
> it. But it might be too difficult to ship, and might now be worth it
> if it's beat up.
>
> I'll think about it some more.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,,
> Anthony Giorgianni
>
> For everyone's benefit, please post back to the group
>
> On Oct 5, 9:21 pm, Tim Schoell > wrote:
>

> > I am parting out a 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4. I have many good parts. The
> > interior is very clean. The body is in very good condition. Parts from
> > this will fit the 91-94 model year explorers, and some parts will also
> > fit the rangers from the same years.

> > I live in Omaha, NE, so there will be some shipping involved if you
> > don't live locally.- Hide quoted text -

1992 EB Ford Explorer Head Unit Installation Problems tootles Ford Explorer 2 September 9th 06 07:36 AM
1992 Ford Explorer 4x4 electrical problem. Joey707 Ford Explorer 2 October 14th 05 08:36 PM
1992 Ford Explorer tereasa Ford Explorer 2 June 15th 05 07:23 AM
1992 Ford Explorer Hank Ford Explorer 1 December 28th 04 03:07 AM
1992 Ford Explorer Strong Vibrations Airhead315 Ford Explorer 2 November 21st 04 09:17 PM