Speaking of Obama's Canadian visit...................

Old February 23rd 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
David E. Powell

Default Speaking of Obama's Canadian visit...................

On Feb 21, 12:15*pm, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:
> On Feb 21, 10:56*am, cavedweller > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 21, 10:23*am, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:

> > > .....Why did the news media in the states refer to it as Obama's first
> > > visit to a foreign country, but never refer to a vehicle manufactured
> > > in Canada bearing a US company name plate.....

> > ....are you sure about that? *Ever hear of General Motors of Canada,
> > Ltd., Chrysler Canada Inc., or Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd.?

> Of course I've heard of them. But if you saw a "Made in Canada" as the
> country of origin,
> the dealer doesn't say it was made in a foreign country. They'd say it
> was made in Canada.
>
> BTW, the media is now referring to Obama's trip to Canada as his first
> "overseas" trip as President.

LOL...

How about having all gov't agencies get US Made cars? That might help.
Why didn't they use the "stimulus package" to get new police cars made
by the Big 3 or something that would be more direct and might reduce
inventory?

Heck, offer a one time tax rebate 2008 or 2009 for people buying US
cars.

No instead they are wrecking the banking system.. yeah that will help.
DC is full of morons.
Old February 23rd 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
cavedweller

On Feb 23, 1:12*pm, "David E. Powell" >
wrote:
> On Feb 21, 12:15*pm, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:

> > > ....are you sure about that? *Ever hear of General Motors of Canada,
> > > Ltd., Chrysler Canada Inc., or Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd.?

> > Of course I've heard of them. But if you saw a "Made in Canada" as the
> > country of origin,
> > the dealer doesn't say it was made in a foreign country. They'd say it
> > was made in Canada.

> > BTW, the media is now referring to Obama's trip to Canada as his first
> > "overseas" trip as President.

> LOL...
>
> How about having all gov't agencies get US Made cars? That might help.
> Why didn't they use the "stimulus package" to get new police cars made
> by the Big 3 or something that would be more direct and might reduce
> inventory?
>
> Heck, offer a one time tax rebate 2008 or 2009 for people buying US
> cars.
>
> No instead they are wrecking the banking system.. yeah that will help.
> DC is full of morons.- Hide quoted text -

Seems to me there was a thread on one of these groups a couple of
weeks ago attempting to define what an "American car" was....maybe it
was on the GM group where Canuck57 and his ilk are forever bitching
about bailouts....anyway, there's an article in the Detroit News quite
recently indicating that many of the top aides to the new President
are driving "foreign badged" cars......go NAFTA!!