2002 Grand Caravan Brakes

Old August 16th 04, 03:54 PM
Steph

Default 2002 Grand Caravan Brakes

Question for those of the 2001 and beyond owners, what type of life are
you getting on your brakes? With my 1997 GC it seemed brakes were getting
replaced every 15-20k miles, but my 2002 GC is nearly up to 40k now.

I have a little squeak that has developed and I am sure it is time, but
just wondering.

Old August 17th 04, 02:44 AM
James C. Reeves

"Steph" > wrote in message
. ..
| Question for those of the 2001 and beyond owners, what type of life are
| you getting on your brakes? With my 1997 GC it seemed brakes were getting
| replaced every 15-20k miles, but my 2002 GC is nearly up to 40k now.
|
| I have a little squeak that has developed and I am sure it is time, but
| just wondering.

I get 40K-45K on the front brakes (still on the original backs) on my 1997
Grand. Something was seriously wrong if you were only getting 15K-20K miles.

Old August 17th 04, 02:44 AM
James C. Reeves

. ..

Old August 17th 04, 03:32 AM
the fly

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:54:19 GMT, Steph
> wrote:

>Question for those of the 2001 and beyond owners, what type of life are
>you getting on your brakes? With my 1997 GC it seemed brakes were getting
>replaced every 15-20k miles, but my 2002 GC is nearly up to 40k now.
>
>I have a little squeak that has developed and I am sure it is time, but
>just wondering.

Over 35,000 on my '02. No noise, and the fluid level in the
reservoir has not dropped enough to indicate worn pads.
Old August 17th 04, 03:32 AM
the fly

Old August 22nd 04, 04:16 AM
ldenn2

Have a 97 woyger with 126000 miles Never had to repair the pads or any other
brake parts. I live in a rural area and use brakes very lightly.
. ..

Old August 22nd 04, 04:16 AM
ldenn2

Have a 97 woyger with 126000 miles Never had to repair the pads or any other
brake parts. I live in a rural area and use brakes very lightly.
. ..

Old August 30th 04, 06:56 PM
Steph

I didn't mention that with the 1997 GC I towed a 2400 lb trailer with
surge brakes. The 14 mile 9% grades wore those pads out faster than
you'd imagine.

I went ahead and took my 1200 mile trip as is. One pad still squeaks a
little, but the 2002 GC and the lighter trailer (1600 lbs. ) with
electric brakes did the job non problem - no pad fade at all. Guess I
will just go back to regular servicing :-))

"ldenn2" > wrote in
:

Old August 30th 04, 06:56 PM
Steph

2002 Audi S8 - A6 Questions LIW Audi 2 November 14th 04 05:38 PM
Brakes Lock and Won't Let Go, 94 Grand Voyager - Help before they get me killed. Jim Ashburn Dodge 10 July 22nd 04 02:10 AM
202 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Brakes Randy Harbison Dodge 0 July 21st 04 02:31 AM