95 Honda Civic Air Conditioning Capacity

Old July 15th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
mike[_4_]

Default 95 Honda Civic Air Conditioning Capacity

Can anybody tell me what the capacity is for the 95 civic. I'm getting
ready to recharge the system.

Old July 15th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don[_1_]

On 14 Jul 2006 20:12:40 -0700, "mike" >
wrote:

>Can anybody tell me what the capacity is for the 95 civic. I'm getting
>ready to recharge the system.

1.2 POUNDS

One can will not be enough, two cans will be too much. I hope you
have a way measure.

Don
www.donsautomotive.com

Old July 15th 06, 07:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don[_1_]

On 14 Jul 2006 22:05:19 -0700, "mike" >
wrote:

>Don wrote:
>> On 14 Jul 2006 20:12:40 -0700, "mike" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Can anybody tell me what the capacity is for the 95 civic. I'm getting
>> >ready to recharge the system.

>> 1.2 POUNDS
>>
>> One can will not be enough, two cans will be too much. I hope you
>> have a way measure.
>>
>> Don
>> www.donsautomotive.com

>I have gauges. I just wasn't sure how many cans to buy.

Ideally you will figure out a way to weigh the refrigerant. Gauge
readings are subject to many variables besides state of charge and
hence will not guarantee the charge is exact.

> How much oil do
>you think I should add to the system? I replaced the condensor

Not more than a fluid ounce or two.

Don
www.donsautomotive.com