So what should be the penalty for speeding?

Old January 7th 05, 08:26 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Default So what should be the penalty for speeding?

Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
drive again.

LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

Old January 7th 05, 08:50 PM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
> drive again.

Fine them and points against license, like what we do now. Speeders
haven't killed anyone; some people who may have been speeding and who
then cause an accident might have killed someone, but nearly all people
speed at some point and never kill anyone, so your characterization is
incorrect.

Old January 7th 05, 08:50 PM

Old January 7th 05, 09:19 PM
Bill Smith

On 7 Jan 2005 12:26:57 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
>every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
>over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
>drive again.
>
> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

We should make them read your posts. It would solve the problem
overnight.

Technically, the Constitution would have to be amended to remove the
proscription against cruel and unusual punishment, but we don't seem
to be paying much attention to that anyway.

Bill Smith
Old January 7th 05, 09:19 PM
Bill Smith

Old January 7th 05, 09:54 PM
Furious George

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
> drive again.
>
> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

$100 per MPH under the speed limit (unless you have a real good excuse
for your sloth). In your case ten years in the can would be a cruel
and unusual punishment (to the other prisoners).