Saw a Doozy of a Floozy Today

Old August 9th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default Saw a Doozy of a Floozy Today

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> This ditz was stopped at the head of a double left turn pocket.
> Instead of positioning her car fully within one lane or the other, she
> came to a stop straddling both lanes (apologies once again for the
> ****ty camera phone):
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/243gck9.jpg
>
> After the light changed, this dimbot drove at about 10 MPH (in a 50
> MPH zone), with cars streaming around her on both sides like she was a
> rock in a stream. Either she was royally confused, or under the
> influence of some mind-altering substance.

Or having a heart attack... or having a stroke.... or having engine
problems... or having a flat tire... or having an electrical fire... or
running out of fuel... or having a brake failure...

As usual, you have failed to consider possibilites that don't conform
to your preconcieved "notions"... and formulated yet another spurious
conclusion based on insufficient evidence.

Your endurance to suffering certifying yourself as an idiot by thinking
you know things you couldn't possibly know is quite remarkable...
-----

- gpsman

Old August 9th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
morticide

gpsman wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > This ditz was stopped at the head of a double left turn pocket.
> > Instead of positioning her car fully within one lane or the other, she
> > came to a stop straddling both lanes (apologies once again for the
> > ****ty camera phone):
> >
> > http://i1.tinypic.com/243gck9.jpg
> >
> > After the light changed, this dimbot drove at about 10 MPH (in a 50
> > MPH zone), with cars streaming around her on both sides like she was a
> > rock in a stream. Either she was royally confused, or under the
> > influence of some mind-altering substance.

> Or having a heart attack... or having a stroke....

Still would have needed a cop. Age was not specified (Scott makes it
sound like the "dimbot" was probably between 20 and 45), so about a 50%
chance of that.

> or having engine
> problems... or having a flat tire... or having an electrical fire... or
> running out of fuel...

Hard to tell from the photo for sure, but the vehicle did not look like
it had any of those problems except the potential fuel one, that being
a definite qualifier for the "dimbot" category.

or having a brake failure...
Brake failures tend to lead to speeding up and failure to stop. Didn't
appear to be the case there.

> As usual, you have failed to consider possibilites that don't conform
> to your preconcieved "notions"... and formulated yet another spurious
> conclusion based on insufficient evidence.

Scott may not have, but my comments have.

> Your endurance to suffering certifying yourself as an idiot by thinking
> you know things you couldn't possibly know is quite remarkable...
> -----
>
> - gpsman

An opinion is like an anus: everyone has one, and they usually stink.

Old August 10th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver any clue to the following address: "morticide"

>gpsman wrote:
>> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> > This ditz was stopped at the head of a double left turn pocket.
>> > Instead of positioning her car fully within one lane or the other, she
>> > came to a stop straddling both lanes (apologies once again for the
>> > ****ty camera phone):
>> >
>> > http://i1.tinypic.com/243gck9.jpg
>> >
>> > After the light changed, this dimbot drove at about 10 MPH (in a 50
>> > MPH zone), with cars streaming around her on both sides like she was a
>> > rock in a stream. Either she was royally confused, or under the
>> > influence of some mind-altering substance.

>> Or having a heart attack... or having a stroke....

>Still would have needed a cop. Age was not specified (Scott makes it
>sound like the "dimbot" was probably between 20 and 45), so about a 50%
>chance of that.

You know, I see a lot of stupid **** like Scott describes on a fairly
regular basis. I conclude that this is stupidity, and not a heart
attack or stroke as suggested by the moron. The reason being is that
if that many drivers were having heart attacks, strokes, or other
similar emergencies I'd see a LOT more emergency vehicles on the road
than I do.

>> or having engine
>> problems... or having a flat tire... or having an electrical fire... or
>> running out of fuel...

>Hard to tell from the photo for sure, but the vehicle did not look like
>it had any of those problems except the potential fuel one, that being
>a definite qualifier for the "dimbot" category.
>
> or having a brake failure...
>Brake failures tend to lead to speeding up and failure to stop. Didn't
>appear to be the case there.

*Usually* you have warning signs that your brake system is failing.
Failure to heed those warnings also earns the title of "dimbot
supreme."

>> As usual, you have failed to consider possibilites that don't conform
>> to your preconcieved "notions"... and formulated yet another spurious
>> conclusion based on insufficient evidence.

>Scott may not have, but my comments have.

And gpsman has provided possibilities that are highly unlikely.
Consider your shopping experiences; do you not also see morons in the
grocery/retail stores who move about as they do on the road? When they
stop in the middle of the aisle blocking traffic in both directions
are they having a heart attack or a stroke?

>> Your endurance to suffering certifying yourself as an idiot by thinking
>> you know things you couldn't possibly know is quite remarkable...
>> -----
>>
>> - gpsman

>An opinion is like an anus: everyone has one, and they usually stink.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old August 10th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver any clue to the following address: "gpsman"

>Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> This ditz was stopped at the head of a double left turn pocket.
>> Instead of positioning her car fully within one lane or the other, she
>> came to a stop straddling both lanes (apologies once again for the
>> ****ty camera phone):
>>
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/243gck9.jpg
>>
>> After the light changed, this dimbot drove at about 10 MPH (in a 50
>> MPH zone), with cars streaming around her on both sides like she was a
>> rock in a stream. Either she was royally confused, or under the
>> influence of some mind-altering substance.

>Or having a heart attack... or having a stroke.... or having engine
>problems... or having a flat tire... or having an electrical fire... or
>running out of fuel... or having a brake failure...

Ok, so Scott assumes these people are retarded, and you claim the
assumption is invalid. You ASSUME that perhaps the people are
suffering medical emergencies, and your assumption is better than
Scott's? If there are that many people having medical emergencies,
where are all the emergency vehicles?

>As usual, you have failed to consider possibilites that don't conform
>to your preconcieved "notions"... and formulated yet another spurious
>conclusion based on insufficient evidence.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Your counter-possibilities have very little
evidence to support them, and yet it's ok for you to make assumptions
but others can't? You're too funny.

>Your endurance to suffering certifying yourself as an idiot by thinking
>you know things you couldn't possibly know is quite remarkable...

You really should stop talking to yourself, idiot.

---

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.

Cherokee "progress" today Stupendous Man Jeep 32 February 28th 06 03:53 PM
Two visitors today! XS11E Mazda 2 March 4th 05 05:43 AM
Car Dies When Stops; Excudes Burning Smell from Exhaust; CanI drive to on road trip today? John David Galt Technology 0 January 2nd 05 11:37 PM