Rent a Wrangler

Old January 19th 05, 08:36 PM
Marc

My first Jeep , a 2000 XJ, was a Dollar rent-a-car from Hawaii Bought
it in Illinois at a small used car dealer.

In article >, says...

Old January 19th 05, 09:09 PM
Tom T

I don't think you'll find a rental company in the DC area with a
Wrangler, or even a Jeep dealer that has a Wrangler to rent.
Go over to Leesburg and see the boys at Dulles Jeep. They are
great to deal with and have a hugh inventory. That's where mine
come from. Check out their web site.

Tom T

Old January 19th 05, 11:26 PM
Paw

Hey Bill,

Shockingly it was in great condition. I did a VIN search before buying and
saw it was a rental. Thought to go check it out, it all looked good except
for the mileage (40K). It's been trouble free (knock on wood) except for
the usual stuff - plastic radiator, bad rotors at 55k...

As for cheap - I think I lucked out in the fact that the TJ is pretty sparse
overall inside ) Not too many options - vinyl seats, plastic inside etc.

Paul

Old January 20th 05, 02:15 AM
Steve Moline

I don't provide much input to this excellent newsgroup (3 or 4 inputs
over the past 3 or 4 years), but when I see someone commenting on Dulles
Jeep in Leesburg, I just have to jump in.

I bought my 1995 GC there (new) and had an excellent experience. But it
went downhill ever since. Tried to go back every 2 - 3 years to replace
my "other" vehicles with a Wrangler and never got anything but
runaround. "We'll call you," "we'll be in touch," "when one comes in
with those options, we'll let you know." In addition to the indifference
and outright apathy, there is also arrogance. And to top if all off, the
service is terrible, too. Just brought my GC in for 90,000 mile service.
That's a major service that supposedly "checks everything." It
should, because I specifically asked them to make sure that old Grand
Cherokee is still "offroad ready." They said that was part of the 90K
checkup anyway. A few months later I brought it to my local mechanic for
a simple oil change. This is a guy I've been working with for years and
he's excellent. I asked if he could also find the source of a low
squealing sound, which he did and showed it to me while it was still on
the vehicle. Fan belt. He believes it was still the original, but at any
rate it was OLD and thread-bare. If the Jeep dealership should have done
ANYthing at 90K, it should at least be check and replace all belts
(that's what the owner's manual says will happen at 90K).

It's no wonder Dulles Jeep has a huge inventory -- everyone I know in
the Loudoun County area won't go near the place. They USED to be great,
perhaps 10 years ago. But they have definitely fallen into a decline
over the years and don't seem to care about it. If they were still as
good as they used to be, they would have sold me three more new vehicles
since I first bought that GC. And they wouldn't have lost their 5-Star
Rating.

Not ranting; just trying to add something informative to the group.

Steve

Old January 20th 05, 02:57 AM
Tirya

That's how I got my Jeep - I test drove it on a Saturday afternoon, said
that I wasn't quite sure, and the guy said "Tell you what, take it for a
longer test drive - have it back tonight before 6, or Monday before 9, and
see what you think."

48 hours and 400 miles later, I bought my TJ. ::grin::

Tirya
--
TDC Inca Jeeper
A girl and her Jeep... it's a beautiful thing...

"Brian Foster" > wrote in message
> I'm surprised to hear this because I've had just the opposite experience.
> I've had dealers tell me to take the car home, keep it overnight, and just
> bring it back the next day. They are usually so eager to sell a vehicle

they
> will do almost anything within reason.
>

> "SoK66" > wrote in message
> >
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >>
> >> I'm thinking about buying a Wrangler but want to drive one for a day or
> >> two before I make the purchase. Do any of the major car rental
> >> companies rent Wranglers? Anyone know of anyone who does in the
> >> Washington, DC area?
> >>
> >> thanks!

> > That's a great idea you have. One of the biggest problems buying a new

car
> > is that the dealers often discourage test driving, and certainly don;t
> > like extended ones, like overnight.
> >
> > Quite a few of the rental agencies have Wranglers at tourist

destinations.

Old January 20th 05, 06:58 PM
E. Jason Brooks

http://www.rentexoticcars.com/index....&Category=SUVs

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> I'm thinking about buying a Wrangler but want to drive one for a day or
> two before I make the purchase. Do any of the major car rental
> companies rent Wranglers? Anyone know of anyone who does in the
> Washington, DC area?
>
> thanks!

Rent cabin in Tahoe near Rubicon Bobby Watson Jeep 0 December 17th 04 04:25 PM
No spark on 99 wrangler AKJEEPER Jeep 1 December 13th 04 07:05 PM
Torque Curve for 88 Wrangler [email protected] Jeep 5 December 11th 04 02:29 PM
97 Wrangler ignition key switch Mike Burch Jeep 3 December 10th 04 11:30 PM