There a demo of Burn Out 3

Old November 29th 04, 07:09 PM
Jeff Ingram

Default There a demo of Burn Out 3

Hey,

I wanted to know if anyone knew if a demo of BurnOut 3 is available. If so,
where can I download it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Old November 29th 04, 10:47 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Jeff Ingram" wrote...
> Hey,
>
> I wanted to know if anyone knew if a demo of BurnOut 3
> is available. If so, where can I download it?

I thought it was an XBox/PS2 only game (i.e. demo on a disc instead of DL)?

Jan.
=---

Old December 1st 04, 01:17 AM
Destroy

>>I wanted to know if anyone knew if a demo of BurnOut 3
>>is available. If so, where can I download it?

> I thought it was an XBox/PS2 only game (i.e. demo on a disc instead of DL)?

Its only a console game. No Burnout3 for PC. I tried the PS2 demo and
wasn't impressed.

Old December 1st 04, 01:48 AM
Andre Warringa

What didn't you like about it? I was thinking about buying it,
Gamespot gave it an 9.5, IGN a 9.4..
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/...html?q=burnout
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/544/544152p1.html

Andre

Old December 1st 04, 03:23 AM
Destroy

Its nothing but a twitch fest mash and hold the accel button arcade
racer. Its fun for 1 hour then gets old and the hollow gameplay shows
through. Only interesting thing about the game is the sense of speed and
'intersection crash levels'. The racing part gets tiring quickly due to
extreme no physics zero car handling arcade-ness.

Rent before you buy is my suggestion then you'll know if you truly think
its worth it or not.

Old December 1st 04, 09:05 AM
Trooper

Destroy loved their monkey enough to say...
> Its nothing but a twitch fest mash and hold the accel button arcade
> racer.

It's a twitch gaming arcade racer, as that is exactly what it's
supposed to be, then i'm not suprised
It's an excellent arcade racer, but don't expect any kind of sim aspect
(unless they have started to use aftertouch in F1).
The menu system is dreadful though.

--
Trooper
lid (remove the obvious)
Old December 1st 04, 01:46 PM
Jay J

As said by others...
This is a pure arcade game, nothing sim-like whatsoever, no real life cars,
no real life tracks and certainly not real to life physics.

Having said that, it is a lot of fun to just blow off some steam, especially
the crash mode where you earn "money" by creating the biggest crash you can,
and the race mode where your goal is to wreck the other drivers via
"takedowns" and still try to end up in 1st place at the end of 3 or so
laps...

t...