Odometer fluctuation

Old October 27th 04, 03:11 PM
Zebra

Default Odometer fluctuation

Dear All,

I just noticed that my 94 1.5 Civic's Odometer had fluctuated from 80km to
40km then return to 80km and 80km to 0km then return to 80km while driving
constantly at 80km back home on a highway. Any idea what the problem is? Is
the Odometer dying?

Thanks in advance

Zebra

Old October 27th 04, 03:42 PM
Zebra

Sorry for missing some information. The fluctuation only happened 2 times.
Each time it happened within a second.

"Zebra" > ¦b¶l¥ó ¤¤
¼¶¼g...

Old October 27th 04, 05:15 PM
motsco_ _

Zebra wrote:
> Sorry for missing some information. The fluctuation only happened 2 times.
> Each time it happened within a second.
>
> "Zebra" > ¦b¶l¥ó ¤¤
> ¼¶¼g...
>
>>Dear All,
>>
>>I just noticed that my 94 1.5 Civic's Odometer had fluctuated from 80km to
>>40km then return to 80km and 80km to 0km then return to 80km while driving
>>constantly at 80km back home on a highway. Any idea what the problem is?

> Is
>
>>the Odometer dying?
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Zebra

==========================

Do a google groups search for 'speedometer Honda' and you'll find the
answer right away. Something about the signal output of the ignitor or
distributor. You'll find it.

'Curly'

Old October 28th 04, 08:58 AM
Mista Bone

The VSS electrical connection at the tranny is getting dirty.

Old October 29th 04, 02:12 PM
Ricky Spartacus

"motsco_ _" <"motsco_ > wrote in message ...
> Zebra wrote:
> >>I just noticed that my 94 1.5 Civic's Odometer had fluctuated from 80km to
> >>40km then return to 80km and 80km to 0km then return to 80km while driving
> >>constantly at 80km back home on a highway. Any idea what the problem is?

> > Is the Odometer dying?
> > Sorry for missing some information. The fluctuation only happened 2 times.
> > Each time it happened within a second.

> Do a google groups search for 'speedometer Honda' and you'll find the
> answer right away. Something about the signal output of the ignitor or
> distributor. You'll find it. 'Curly'

The igniter controls the rpm. The VSS (speed sensor) probably needs
contact spray and/or some internal cleaning.

Rick
Old October 30th 04, 04:18 PM
Zebra

I will try cleaning the VSS electrical connection tomorrow. Thanks.

"Mista Bone" > ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...

Odometer rikoski BMW 17 November 10th 04 07:04 PM
Error 3: Ford digital odometer? Mike Berger 4x4 4 June 11th 04 08:43 PM