Another Example of the Dangers of Driving Past Your Expiration Date

Old July 1st 05, 12:01 AM

DTJ wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2005 10:21:56 -0700, wrote:
>
> >DTJ is another in a long line of usenet tough guys.

> Wow thanks. I never looked at myself as a tough guy.

Not merely "tough guy" but a special kind: a "usenet tough guy".

Sort of like hiding behind your monitor and acting all tough.

Any Casper Milquetoast can be a usenet tough guy. Which is why you've
never looked at yourself as a tough guy - because you're not. If you
spoke to people in person the way you type your BS in usenet, you'd
find yourself in a world of hurt.

But hey - anyone can hide behind some anonymous initials and call names
over the internet.

Yeah, you're real tough. Keep up the swagger, Casper.

E.P.

Old July 1st 05, 03:59 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On 30 Jun 2005 09:29:14 -0700, "Motorhead Lawyer" >
wrote:

>Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> On 27 Jun 2005 14:00:44 -0700, "Motorhead Lawyer" >
>> wrote:

>> >Gee, Scotty; this is *exactly* how the most recent 16-y-o girl who died
>> >on the road bought the farm up in these parts.

>> Is that supposed to be some sort of rebuttal?

>Unless you're too dense to understand it. Should I make it even
>simpler?
>
>> >Also nearly the same
>> >thing that did in a 60-y-o Harley rider at the state H.O.G. Rally last
>> >Friday.

>> How many court cases do you manage to win with this kind of "logic?"

>Pretty much all of them. Since you're being intentionally obtuse,
>here's the point: the type of crash you described occurs as much, if
>not more often, with young drivers as it does with older ones. Ranting
>about it without offering any rational solution puts you on about the
>same level as Rush Limbaugh as a national policymaker.
>
>> >All it takes is a few seconds of diverted attention to make a
>> >fatal mistake. But that never ever happened to *you*, did it?

>> Not since I was a teenager.

>Yeah; right.

That's fine; I don't believe what you say, either.

Old July 1st 05, 02:35 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article .com>,
> wrote:
>
>But hey - anyone can hide behind some anonymous initials and call names
>over the internet.
>
>Yeah, you're real tough. Keep up the swagger, Casper.
>
>E.P.

(Need I add anything?)
Old July 1st 05, 02:59 PM

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article .com>,
> > wrote:
> >
> >But hey - anyone can hide behind some anonymous initials and call names
> >over the internet.
> >
> >Yeah, you're real tough. Keep up the swagger, Casper.
> >
> >E.P.

> (Need I add anything?)

No, it was intentionally ironic.

Didn't you get that?

E.P.

Old July 1st 05, 03:05 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>

>Matthew Russotto wrote:
>> In article .com>,
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >But hey - anyone can hide behind some anonymous initials and call names
>> >over the internet.
>> >
>> >Yeah, you're real tough. Keep up the swagger, Casper.
>> >
>> >E.P.

>> (Need I add anything?)

>No, it was intentionally ironic.
>
>Didn't you get that?

I'd find it easier to believe if it wasn't your normal signature,
tough guy.

Old July 1st 05, 05:33 PM
proffsl

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> Proffsl wrote:
> > Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> > >
> > > Here we have an elderly gentleman who pulled out in front of
> > > oncoming high-speed traffic (the speed limit on Oracle Road
> > > is 50 or 55 MPH in that area), got T-boned, and bought the
> > > farm. A tragedy, yes, but it could have easily been avoided
> > > had this gentleman merely HUNG UP HIS ****ING CAR
> > > KEYS at the proper time instead of continuing to drive after
> > > his ability to do so had deteriorated.

> > The way of the hunter is to isolate the weak and attack. This
> > Scott is a hunter of Rights, and would attempt to isolate the
> > weak, making his attack easire.

> Actually, the hunters are the elderly, with their AARP and their
> votes and their Washington lobbyists.

You're freaking paranoid.

> The hunters get ridiculous concessions to their failing abilities
> like the "Large Print Edition Roads" in Florida where road signs
> have larger type fonts and road markings are made larger and
> wider so that the elderly have an easier time driving.

Oh my! Larger type fonts? It's clear now. I can read the writing on
the wall. There out to get you.

Hahahahahahahaha

> The weak are you and I, who are outnumbered by this segment
> of the population, and who are being endangered on the roads
> because these people continue to drive well past their expiration
> dates.

How would you pretend to know my age group?

And, you wish to reverse the tables?

Ever hear the phrase: "United we Stand. Divided we Fall" ??

Your paranoia would drive a wedge between the young and the elderly.

Your type of paranoia is EXACTLY what is destroying this nation.

> As the proportion of the elderly in our population grows, expect
> your right to safe locomotion to be eroded even further.

You are the one who wishes to erode our Right of Locomotion.

Old July 1st 05, 05:49 PM

Matthew Russotto wrote:

> I'd find it easier to believe if it wasn't your normal signature,
> tough guy.

Oh, yeah - a real tough guy. I don't go around and call folks "idiots"
or whatever.

It's hard to get much more mild-mannered than I post. (Except maybe
posts to Christian Huebner or DTJ.)

But hey, believe what makes you happy - I'm sure you will anyway.

E.P.

Ford Researcher Says Teen Drivers are Easily Distracted From Driving James C. Reeves Driving 9 May 11th 05 08:31 PM
Oregon Dunes, beach driving in OR John Davies Jeep 12 January 9th 05 11:44 PM
Driving school deal Jimmy G Driving 2 December 29th 04 05:45 AM
Audi A4 TV module - view whilst driving? Russell Fray Audi 7 May 14th 04 08:32 PM