A Never-Ending Supply of MFFY

Old September 8th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
!

Default A Never-Ending Supply of MFFY

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> I'm afraid I must once again disappoint Ed White and all the other
> JLEDIs in this group and report that I immediately nipped into the
> turnout and used it to pass the MFFY **** who was blocking the street.
> Fortunately for me, nobody was using the turnout for its intended
> purpose at the time.

Not sure what the law is in your state, but here in Georgia, its
perfectly legal to cross the double yellow line to pass obstructions in
your lane, such as a stalled or stopped car, after yielding to oncoming
traffic and if conditions allow safe execution. So, unless this was in
the middle of a blind curve, you would have been all right.