BUZZING SOUND COMES ON WHEN OIL TEMP GOES PAST HALF WAY

Old May 5th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default BUZZING SOUND COMES ON WHEN OIL TEMP GOES PAST HALF WAY

mark. When I step on gas it stops for a while. It may come on again if
car is going slow but if it at a speed where air is coming in then it
doesnt come on. Any one know what this is? The car is Jetta '89. Please
help if you can...thx

Old May 5th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Your most likely running 10-30 or 10-40 motor oil. For that vintage VW's
thicker oil was specified for above 50 f as I remember. 20-30 would be more
suited for warm weather in that vintage. But the reason is the oil pumps
were weak. You can put a pump off a mark 3 vw engine on and you'll then be
able to run the thinner oil. I once bought a Brazilian made, VW branded pump
intended for the 93 and up 2.0L engine for $80 on line and cured the problem
on a 92 jetta. It also ran better because the lifters had enough oil
pressure to them.

JoBo

oups.com...

Old May 6th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Regal53" > wrote in message
. ..
> What year/type pump should I Install in a 1988 Scirocco 16V? Thanks.

Look here. The newer pumps have larger gears.
http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volks...o/Engine/151/2

JoBo

Old May 6th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Thank u sir!
. ..

Old May 25th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

thanks so much...appreciate the help = )