Can't any of the Kennedy's drive worth a ****? At least this one didn't kill or rape anyone.......

Old May 5th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

Default Can't any of the Kennedy's drive worth a ****? At least this one didn't kill or rape anyone.......

Rep. Kennedy Crashes Car Near Capitol

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060504/..._kennedy_crash

By ANDREW MIGA, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Rep. Patrick Kennedy (news, bio, voting record) crashed
his car near the U.S. Capitol early Thursday. He denied alcohol was a
factor.

"I was involved in a traffic accident last night at First and C Street
SE, near the U.S. Capitol," Kennedy, who represents the New England
state of Rhode Island, said in a written statement released by his
office Thursday afternoon. "I will fully cooperate with the Capitol
Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."

"I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate
with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to
undertake," Kennedy, son of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting
record), said in the statement. It was issued after news reports
surfaced about the accident.

According to news reports, the single-car accident happened around 3
a.m.

Capitol Police did not immediately return phone calls for comment.

Kennedy, 38, spent time at a drug rehabilitation clinic before he went
to Providence College in Rhode Island. He has openly discussed his
personal mental health problems, including having been diagnosed with
bipolar disorder. Early this year he spoke about having been in
recovery "for depression, for alcoholism and substance abuse."

Kennedy is the son of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., and his former
wife, Joan Kennedy.

---

Nice to know substance abuse runs strong in the Kennedy klan. At least
no one drowned!

Old May 5th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

wrote:
> Rep. Kennedy Crashes Car Near Capitol

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060504/..._kennedy_crash

> By ANDREW MIGA, Associated Press Writer
>
> WASHINGTON - Rep. Patrick Kennedy (news, bio, voting record) crashed
> his car near the U.S. Capitol early Thursday. He denied alcohol was a
> factor.
>
> "I was involved in a traffic accident last night at First and C Street
> SE, near the U.S. Capitol," Kennedy, who represents the New England
> state of Rhode Island, said in a written statement released by his
> office Thursday afternoon. "I will fully cooperate with the Capitol
> Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."
>
> "I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate
> with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to
> undertake," Kennedy, son of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting
> record), said in the statement. It was issued after news reports
> surfaced about the accident.
>
> According to news reports, the single-car accident happened around 3
> a.m.
>
> Capitol Police did not immediately return phone calls for comment.
>
> Kennedy, 38, spent time at a drug rehabilitation clinic before he went
> to Providence College in Rhode Island. He has openly discussed his
> personal mental health problems, including having been diagnosed with
> bipolar disorder. Early this year he spoke about having been in
> recovery "for depression, for alcoholism and substance abuse."
>
> Kennedy is the son of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., and his former
> wife, Joan Kennedy.
>
> ---
>
> Nice to know substance abuse runs strong in the Kennedy klan. At least
> no one drowned!

Where can you get one of these get out of jail free cards? Are they only
available to politicians?
Old May 5th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

paddy wrote:

> Where can you get one of these get out of jail free cards? Are they only
> available to politicians?

I *think* they are only available to Kennedys.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there
one system for the average citizen and another for the high and
mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

Old May 5th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

In article .com>, wrote:

> paddy wrote:
>
>> Where can you get one of these get out of jail free cards? Are they only
>> available to politicians?

> I *think* they are only available to Kennedys.

Certainly only the ruling elite families....

If I by some accident were in political office, something like this
would be blown up into a scandle for certain.

Old May 5th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> :
> WASHINGTON - Rep. Patrick Kennedy (news, bio, voting record) crashed
> his car near the U.S. Capitol early Thursday. He denied alcohol was a
> factor.

Sounds just like the family patricrch, 'Ol Tubby! Another question might
be: Can't any of the Kennedys drive sober??

Or can't any of the Kennedys operate a motor vehicle of any kind worth a
****?? (remember JFK Jr sank himself and his wife into the atlantic in
an airplane.)

Old May 5th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

> Ronnie Dobbs:
> Bill WankBlow from South Dakota (or was it North?)

South Dakota. Not that it matters.

> got off with a slap on the wrist for murdering somebody,

He was sentenced to 100 days in jail. That's 100 days more than kennedy
got (two months suspended).

> and he's not in an "elite" family that I know of.

He was a member of congress at the time (and kennedy still is). That's
"elite," enough...

Old May 5th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

wrote in
ups.com:

> Rep. Kennedy Crashes Car Near Capitol

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060504/..._kennedy_crash

> By ANDREW MIGA, Associated Press Writer
>
> WASHINGTON - Rep. Patrick Kennedy (news, bio, voting record) crashed
> his car near the U.S. Capitol early Thursday. He denied alcohol was a
> factor.
>
> "I was involved in a traffic accident last night at First and C Street
> SE, near the U.S. Capitol," Kennedy, who represents the New England
> state of Rhode Island, said in a written statement released by his
> office Thursday afternoon. "I will fully cooperate with the Capitol
> Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."
>
> "I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate
> with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to
> undertake," Kennedy, son of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting
> record), said in the statement. It was issued after news reports
> surfaced about the accident.
>
> According to news reports, the single-car accident happened around 3
> a.m.
>
> Capitol Police did not immediately return phone calls for comment.
>
> Kennedy, 38, spent time at a drug rehabilitation clinic before he went
> to Providence College in Rhode Island. He has openly discussed his
> personal mental health problems, including having been diagnosed with
> bipolar disorder. Early this year he spoke about having been in
> recovery "for depression, for alcoholism and substance abuse."
>
> Kennedy is the son of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., and his former
> wife, Joan Kennedy.
>
> ---
>
> Nice to know substance abuse runs strong in the Kennedy klan. At least
> no one drowned!

According to Orlando local news,he got a special ride home from a Sergeant
called AFTER the initial police response to the "accident",and NO breath
test was given.
I would say that this Kennedy was repeating his dad's drunk driving,aided
and abetted by Capitol police.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 5th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road

> Where can you get one of these get out of jail free cards? Are they only
> available to politicians?

According to CNBC, most DC politicians have GOOJF cards. The officers
investigating the accident were about to administer a breathalyzer test,
when a supervisor came to the scene and said to let the guy go free.

I understand the Representative now claims he was taking Ambien before the
accident.