Help! Heater/AC Fan Speed Control

Old July 2nd 04, 02:15 PM
Dan

Default Help! Heater/AC Fan Speed Control

I need to find the fan speed control in my 1999 Intrepid ES. The fan
only blows on high. A couple people have told to look for where wires
go into a connector on the air duct under the dash on the passenger
side. I've found two places like that, but neither is the right one.
I'm looking for a three- or four-wire connector, that goes to a
resistor type device inside the duct. Does anyone know if I can get
to this without removing the center console or the glove compartment?

Dan
Old July 6th 04, 08:24 PM
dodgetech

in the passenger compartment, on the bottom of the heater ac box and will
be next to the blower motor. the resistor is actually a module

Old July 6th 04, 08:24 PM
dodgetech

Old March 8th 05, 01:53 PM
Deer

I have a related problem on a 95 dodge neon. heater and a/c had been
working fine, but now when fan is turned on, the fuse for the ac/heater
blows (fuse located in small fuse panel on driver's side dash opposite
door). before i replace dash control module or module you referred to
located under glove box, i wanted your input as to what to consider first.
wires seem good, no fraying or wear noticeable. let me know if you need
more info. thanks!

Old March 8th 05, 04:47 PM
maxpower

"Deer" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I have a related problem on a 95 dodge neon. heater and a/c had been
> working fine, but now when fan is turned on, the fuse for the ac/heater
> blows (fuse located in small fuse panel on driver's side dash opposite
> door). before i replace dash control module or module you referred to
> located under glove box, i wanted your input as to what to consider first.
> wires seem good, no fraying or wear noticeable. let me know if you need
> more info. thanks!

Yea lots more info!! does it only blow it when the a/c or defrost is on? If
so disconnect the a/c compressor. Have you checked the blower motor to see
if it is the problem before condemning the control assembly? Disconnect the
blower motor connector under the glove box, and see if the problem is still
there.. I would suspect the blower motor before anything else.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 8th 05, 08:38 PM
Deer

i will try to rule out (or target) the blower motor by disconnecting it as
you recommended. i did notice that the fuse blows when i move fan speed
control to first (lowest) setting on the heater control, but does not blow
until i move a/c fan setting to the second position (fuse does not blow on
lowest a/c fan setting). this leads me to believe that resistor module
might be the culprit. i could not detect blower motor working (no air
movement from vent) in any case, so your targeting the blower motor could
be more accurate. any thoughts on the blower control results i observed?
by the way, how do i access the resistor module for the blower under the
dash?

Did you know? Ad Audi 2 September 13th 04 09:44 AM
idle speed control motor temptress2972 Dodge 4 July 21st 04 04:23 AM
Heater/AC fan speed control 1999 Intrepid ES Dan Dodge 6 July 5th 04 09:58 PM