Ethanol fuel, can you notice the differance?

Old April 18th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Ethanol fuel, can you notice the differance?

Hi there,
I've been wondering if anyone here has been using ethanol blended fuels and
if so, are you noticing anything different such as fuel economy or noise
levels etc, Please let me know

--
custom cars new and old, most of which are good as gold.
www.mydreamwheels.com

Old April 18th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"stevegoodsworth via CarKB.com" <u20751@uwe> wrote
> Hi there,
> I've been wondering if anyone here has been using ethanol blended fuels
> and
> if so, are you noticing anything different such as fuel economy or noise
> levels etc, Please let me know

Although not definitive by any means, when the Seattle area used to have
to have 5% or so during winter for ozone abatement, the mileage in my
'91 525i/M50 would go down by about 0.5mpg.

FloydR

Old April 24th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article <5eef05b02e564@uwe>, u20751@uwe says...

>Hi there,
>I've been wondering if anyone here has been using ethanol blended fuels and
>if so, are you noticing anything different such as fuel economy or noise
>levels etc, Please let me know

Yes, less MPG. There is a good reason gasoline has been around as long as
it has been.
Alex