98 Accord has Emission light problem

Old March 13th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 98 Accord has Emission light problem

Hi,

My 98 accord has emission light problem. Two years back I replaced
canister and also pressure valve. It paased the emission at that time,
but with in months check engine light is still on. I alread spend about
$1000 so far on this. I have to re do my CA emission again... what are
the best options availabe to me.

Old March 14th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"gvkp" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Hi,
>
> My 98 accord has emission light problem. Two years back I replaced
> canister and also pressure valve. It paased the emission at that time,
> but with in months check engine light is still on. I alread spend about
> $1000 so far on this. I have to re do my CA emission again... what are
> the best options availabe to me.

What's the code, Kenneth?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old March 21st 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

It is P1457 (Leak detected in EVAP control system).

Old March 21st 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"gvkp" > wrote in
oups.com:

> TeGGeR® wrote:
>> "gvkp" > wrote in
>> oups.com:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > My 98 accord has emission light problem. Two years back I replaced
>> > canister and also pressure valve. It paased the emission at that
>> > time, but with in months check engine light is still on. I alread
>> > spend about $1000 so far on this. I have to re do my CA emission
>> > again... what are the best options availabe to me.
>> >

>> What's the code, Kenneth?
>>

> It is P1457 (Leak detected in EVAP control system).

Uh, not quite...

1457 ties it down to the *canister* part of the evaporative system, as
opposed to the *tank* portion.

Three of these codes:
P1456 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Control System Leakage
(Fuel Tank System)
P1457 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Control System Leakage
(EVAP Canister System)
P1459 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Flow Switch Malfunction

Old March 21st 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

gvkp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My 98 accord has emission light problem. Two years back I replaced
> canister and also pressure valve. It paased the emission at that time,
> but with in months check engine light is still on. I alread spend about
> $1000 so far on this. I have to re do my CA emission again... what are
> the best options availabe to me.

If you've been in the habit of 'topping up' you might get that light
more often than you would like....

'Curly'