82 Corvette, Trans Problem

Old July 10th 05, 01:13 AM
asaScott

Default 82 Corvette, Trans Problem

My car only has first & park. Need some direction, manual is 200 miles away
& I don't touch this car without reading first. Too easy & expensive to do
otherwise (I have never been a chevy person & they are different)

Scott Asbill

Old July 10th 05, 07:25 AM
Tom in Missouri

My experience with automatics has been this:

Turbo 350 - will lose high (3rd) but still have 1st and 2nd.

Turbo 400 - lose any, lost it all. Except park, and that is a mechanical
linkage.

700R4 - seems to be a bit on the T350 side, in that it will begin slipping
and burning the fluid badly, but still get into gear.

That said, I'd think if you lost 2nd through OD, then you are toast and need
a transmission shop. But if it happened suddenly from working on the car,
then maybe it is the cable and I don't know the adjustment procedure.

Hopefully, someone with more automatic experience will chime in here.

"asaScott" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> My car only has first & park. Need some direction, manual is 200 miles

away
> & I don't touch this car without reading first. Too easy & expensive to do
> otherwise (I have never been a chevy person & they are different)
>
> Scott Asbill

Problem starting car - No spark The Outlander Ford Mustang 11 July 20th 05 01:35 AM
2003 Accord Radio Display Problem Mike Honda 41 July 13th 05 04:32 PM
corvette "74 trans myvette74 Corvette 0 June 14th 05 03:32 PM
Intermittent Trans Problem on my 97 Explorer [email protected] Ford Explorer 0 May 14th 05 05:45 PM
C4 Corvette rear turn indicator light problem Chris Wiles Corvette 6 September 21st 04 03:05 PM