R12 freon sealant ?

Old May 18th 05, 07:32 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default R12 freon sealant ?

Where can I find some R12 sealant?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old May 19th 05, 03:09 AM
Henry Kolesnik

the site doesn't work

n.umich.edu...

Old May 19th 05, 03:04 PM
Daniel J. Stern

My fault, there's no hyphen. www.cryochem.com .

Old May 19th 05, 05:44 PM
Henry Kolesnik

That site works, I didn't see any R12 stop leak so I sent them an email.
Anymore tips appreciated.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old May 19th 05, 06:52 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Cryochem doesn't make an R12 sealant!
Who does?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old May 19th 05, 07:33 PM
Steve

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

> Cryochem doesn't make an R12 sealant!
> Who does?
> tnx

Wow, they did just about a year or two ago! I guess the market for R-12
"secondary" products is really drying up fast, too.

No ideas on sealants here- if it leaks, I fix it rather than goop it anyway.

Old May 19th 05, 07:38 PM
John Kunkel

"Henry Kolesnik" > wrote in message
> Where can I find some R12 sealant?
> tnx

Look for a product called Quest R12/R22 Super Seal (do a google search).

NAPA stores also have an R12 leak stopper kit, can't remember the brand.

Old May 20th 05, 12:58 AM
Henry Kolesnik

NAPA no longer carries R12 sealer, but I'll google for Quest.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old May 20th 05, 01:15 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Henry Kolesnik wrote:

> NAPA no longer carries R12 sealer, but I'll google for Quest.

Steve's advice was sound: Fix the leak instead of gooping it up.
Old May 20th 05, 02:20 PM
aarcuda69062

In article >,
Steve > wrote:

> Henry Kolesnik wrote:
>
> > Cryochem doesn't make an R12 sealant!
> > Who does?
> > tnx
> >

> Wow, they did just about a year or two ago! I guess the market for R-12
> "secondary" products is really drying up fast, too.

Most likely because they plug up recovery equipment.

> No ideas on sealants here- if it leaks, I fix it rather than goop it anyway.

^^^
Agreed.