What do you think of this car?

Old November 17th 04, 08:54 PM
Rickard

Default What do you think of this car?

Do you like the project car to the left?

http://www.pimpoutmycar.com

Best regards

Rickard
Old November 20th 04, 10:23 PM
bluemiata

Richard,
I,ve had the MX-5 LS 6 speed for a year now. Wore out the original
Turanza rubber at 12,000 miles. Car if fantastic - most of the time.
Realizing the design is dated, but its a pure sports car. Handling is
what its all about. Its a blast to drive, especially with the top down.
The heater is a real blast, having proved that while driving in Vegas and
back towards LA in 30 degree weather at legal plus speeds. The only real
problem is when its cold and a little damp in the morning. The car starts
well, but the clutch is VERY touchy. If you try to drive it as on a summer
morning, the clutch chatters and shakes the car. Had the problem fix by
dealer at 6,000 miles with a new clutch plate. Now the problem is back -
likely because its cold a damp in the mornings again. Other than that, I
have only praise for the miata. Gas mileage is 24 in town and 28-30 on
highway - depending on how you drive it. The motor really wakes up at
4500-5000 rpm. I have picked up a few ponies with a drop in K&N air
filter and a cat back exhaust from Goodwin-Racing of San Diego CA.

Old November 21st 04, 12:33 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"bluemiata" > wrote:

>Richard,

Are you sure you are responding to the right person? This is the
SPAMMER Rickard, not Richard.

>I,ve had the MX-5 LS 6 speed for a year now. Wore out the original
>Turanza rubber at 12,000 miles. Car if fantastic - most of the time.
>Realizing the design is dated, but its a pure sports car. Handling is
>what its all about. Its a blast to drive, especially with the top down.
>The heater is a real blast, having proved that while driving in Vegas and
>back towards LA in 30 degree weather at legal plus speeds. The only real
>problem is when its cold and a little damp in the morning. The car starts
>well, but the clutch is VERY touchy. If you try to drive it as on a summer
>morning, the clutch chatters and shakes the car. Had the problem fix by
>dealer at 6,000 miles with a new clutch plate. Now the problem is back -
>likely because its cold a damp in the mornings again.

I had the same sort of problem when I had the dealer replace my
clutch. Ford obviously found a new clutch liner for Mazda that is
"just as good" for 12 cents less. It would work OK if you were very
careful. But chatter like crazy if a bit sloppy. Right.

I had an independent shop replace my new clutch, and all is fine
again. Except for my wallet.

Leon

> Other than that, I
>have only praise for the miata. Gas mileage is 24 in town and 28-30 on
>highway - depending on how you drive it. The motor really wakes up at
>4500-5000 rpm. I have picked up a few ponies with a drop in K&N air
>filter and a cat back exhaust from Goodwin-Racing of San Diego CA.

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)