What's Up with Grand Sports?

Old November 26th 04, 02:14 AM
Tom in Missouri

Default What's Up with Grand Sports?

It seems like people buying old Corvettes have divided into a few camps:

1. NCRS / Bloomington Gold type restoration
2. Hot Rod/Car Craft restoration - where it looks mostly right
3. Street Machine rebuild - very little stock
4. Grand Sports

And the Grand Sports all seem to say the same - replicating those rare Grand
Sports. But few do. Like this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

If he was replicating a Grand Sport, then why does it have a 388 stroker and
a C4 suspension and a bunch of other things that definitely are not
replicating the car?

And in effect, all he has done is built a custom Corvette, and wants
$75,000. And probably someone will buy it somewhere, even though no one
wants a custom Corvette of any other type.

Such as
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...atego ry=6168

Old November 26th 04, 05:36 PM
Bob G.

>And in effect, all he has done is built a custom Corvette, and wants
>$75,000. And probably someone will buy it somewhere, even though no one
>wants a custom Corvette of any other type.

=======================================

Guess it boils down to what floats your boat....

Personally I prefer Corvettes that look basically correct
but never did get upset with mild flares etc...

BUT I would LOVE to have, say a,1962 that was set on a modern
suspension and had a LS1 under the hood...

Just my opinion...

Bob Griffiths

Old November 26th 04, 05:36 PM
Bob G.

Old November 29th 04, 11:37 PM
Diode

Tom in Missouri spoke thusly:

> It seems like people buying old Corvettes have divided into a few camps:
> 4. Grand Sports

Dunno, but there sure was a whole flock of them at Carlisle this year!
All lined up in two rows. Looked pretty cool...

--

Shut up, Dave.

'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville