1990 VW Jetta GL fuel tank

Old April 23rd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 1990 VW Jetta GL fuel tank

Can anyone inform me if the fuel tank on this car
has a screen on the outleg leading to the fuel pump or fuel filter?
Thank you

Old April 24th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

The transfer pump will have, or should have, a strainer before it.
There might even be something as the fuel enters the main fuel pump box. I
remember unclogging that inlet on one Jetta that had a problem starting or
running.

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)
http://vwdoc1.tripod.com/

lkaboutautos.com...

Old April 24th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Hi Dave
Does a diesel jetta have this strainer also?

. com...

Old April 24th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

My 88 Fox gas line works like this:
Pickup with screen to transfer pump.
Transfer pump to 1 quart replacable filter, then to main pump.
Main pump to inlet screen filter at the engine. This screen filter is
hidden.
--
Jonny

Old April 24th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

I will assume that certain years of the diesel Jettas don't have any
strainers at the tank. Some years have some water seperators at the fuel
tank.

Basically I am not sure newman! <:-)
--
later,