'Newbie' to this NG -- any FAQ ?

Old May 19th 04, 07:41 AM
R. Asby Dragon

Default 'Newbie' to this NG -- any FAQ ?

I'm not a newbie on 4wd/awd; just a n00bie to this newsgroup .

Warning: I'm old and "crusty" ; I HATE most new "SUVs" and their
owners; as well as the phony "MONSTER TRUCK" crowd as well .

Old May 25th 04, 04:16 AM
Willem-Jan Markerink

[posted and mailed]

"R. Asby Dragon" > wrote in
:

> I'm not a newbie on 4wd/awd; just a n00bie to this newsgroup .
>
> Warning: I'm old and "crusty" ; I HATE most new "SUVs" and their
> owners; as well as the phony "MONSTER TRUCK" crowd as well .

Don't think there is or was a (automotive) FAQ for this
newsgroup....way to many sub-FAQ's around, and no central site to
link them all, at least no one did in the old days, and since then
Google has taken over.

One nice, very group-specific detail, that hardly any poster knows
today, should be mentioned though: this newsgroup was once created
by a woman, thread starting 23 November 1994, vote result on 20
February 1995, first postings 27 February....)
(yes, that's a anniversary coming up this year already....)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=gr....UU.NET&rnum=8

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=gr....uu.net&rnum=1

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=gr....uu.net&rnum=6

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ohio-state.edu

(couldn't find the 1st CFV, only the 2nd, shame)

(wasn't there myself at the time sadly, only found it a few months
later, and I wouldn't have known that detail since either, if she
hadn't once subscribed to the Land Cruiser Mailinglist for a short
while, and stated that herself)

As a personal note/coincidence, the Infrared Photography FAQ was
created by a woman too....)

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink